P3Dv4 Clouds Not Loading In

Amtrak016

Hello,
I've recently been having an issue in P3Dv4 in which active sky will not automatically load in clouds besides cirrus. In order to get them to load in I simply have to enter my P3D settings menu and exit back out of it. This does not totally fix the problem however since whenever I leave the area of clouds it loaded in when I exited the menu, I have no more clouds and have to do it again. I am currently on P3D v4.5 and use Active Sky, ASCA, and ENVTEX. Thanks.

maxam

Testing Team
Hi,

That is strange. Are you running the latest version of all programs? Is ENVTEX pointing back to the ASCA folder in its settings window and saved? Be sure to check for that and also do an uninstall/reinstall of Active Sky and ASCA. Before you uninstall ASCA be sure to restore the texture backups.

Amtrak016

I believe I'm running the latest version of all programs but I'll double check. As for ENVTEX, it is set up correctly to work with ASCA. I will attempt a reinstall and let you know what happens.

Daveo

Community Manager
Staff member
Are you running ASP4 or ASP3D?

Runs fine here with both versions.

maxam

Testing Team
Hi,

Be sure to check that you are running either live or historical weather and it is not stuck on manual weather.

There is a new Beta that was released for ASP3D as well on the downloads page.