A doubt about a correct use of your ASP3D product

g3v4n

Hello HiFi team,

I have a doubt about the ASP3D license:

I have my license on my PC where my P3D is installed (city A), and I have another PC in another location (city B) where I don't have any simulator, since it is a rather old PC and it doesn't support any flight simulator, and I only have PFPX and in my hobbie time I create flight plans but without weather because I don't have any weather software because I don't fly on that PC, my question is: Can I install ASP3D and activate the license on this PC without violating the EULA or locking my serial code forever?

Thank you and I hope I have clarified the use that you would give to your product in this second PC, just create the Weather file to load it in the PFPX.

Daveo

Community Manager
Staff member
You can install and activate ASP3D on your other machine but if there is no simulator on that machine and you are not setting up
a networked configuration it will not install or run without a valid sim path and appdata path.

Last edited:

g3v4n

Thanks for answering me Dave, I understand that I need to have the simulator installed, unfortunately my PC would not support Prerpar3D, possibly the FSX Steam Edition will work (I also have the license for that product but I haven't used it since I migrated to P3D).

I only require the file "current_wx_snapshot.txt", Is there a way to get it from ASP3D without having the simulator, either FSX:SE or P3D? Or with FSX: SE, Would it work me for that purpose?

I appreciate the guidance Dave, happy weekend.

Daveo

Community Manager
Staff member
You need to get the appropriate sim installed for the program you are using and get a successful data download.
As long as the sim resides on the machine you don't need to run the sim but it needs to be installed.

g3v4n

Got it Dave, I will proceed to install the FSX:SE simulator and better use my AS16 for FSX licensed key and avoid any conflict with my ASP3D license.

Thank you again for your guidance and help with my doubts.

Regards Dave.