Active Sky for both FS9 and FSX?

Carob

Hello.

I'm hoping someone can answer a quick question for me.

My father is looking to upgrade his system and currently has AS 6. He had given up on using FSX but uses FS9 regularly. With his new system he will be running both FS9 and FSX. I'm sure he will need to purchase a newer version but do you still have a product that will work for both sims? If not, what are his options? Will he need to have AS 6 installed for FS9 (will it even install on Windows 7?) and one of the new products for FSX? Is it even possible to have both installed at the same time?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Daveo

Community Manager
Staff member
And what if he wanted some of the features in the newer products? What would be have to do then?
Products newer then ASE such as AS2012 and ASNext will only run on FSX and/or P3D so he will need to fly in one or both.
These latest products will not work in FS9.

Hope this helps.

Carob

Products newer then ASE such as AS2012 and ASNext will only run on FSX and/or P3D so he will need to fly in one or both.
These latest products will not work in FS9.

Hope this helps.
So I assume then it's okay to have two different versions installed with no issues? If that's true, will AS 6 install and run okay in Windows 7?

Niyoko

So I assume then it's okay to have two different versions installed with no issues? If that's true, will AS 6 install and run okay in Windows 7?
Yes, it should run fine in Windows 7, but I would right-click on the application and choose "Run as Administrator" when you run ASv6. That helped me when I was using it on Windows 7.

I also ran FS9 with "Run as Administrator" as well. I didn't have turn UAC (User Account Control) off, but I did run a tick below the default setting.

Carob

Yes, it should run fine in Windows 7, but I would right-click on the application and choose "Run as Administrator" when you run ASv6. That helped me when I was using it on Windows 7.

I also ran FS9 with "Run as Administrator" as well. I didn't have turn UAC (User Account Control) off, but I did run a tick below the default setting.
I'm still not hearing if it's okay to have multiple versions of Active Sky installed or not. Would things work if he had ASv6 installed for FS9 and something newer for FSX? (Or possibly even ASE for FS9 and something newer for FSX?)

Andydigital

Testing Team 2018
You could have every single product Hifi has ever produced all installed at the same time and it would be OK, just don't run more than one at any one time.

Carob

Is the User's Guide available for download for ASE? I can't seem to find it anywhere. I see the guides for other products but not ASE.