Adding random cirrus clouds

dredd66

Due (probably... I don’t know) to incomplete metars info, I “fly” in skies with just one cloud layer (location: Italy).
I would like to know if there is a possibility to add some cirrus clouds randomly, just to see a more real sky.
I tried via fsuipc (flagging the “add random cirrus”) but nothing changes.

Thank you and happy new year everybody

AS16-ASCA in FSX-SE

maxam

Beta Team Member
Please see the description on page 21 of the user manual:

"AS16 actively “synthesizes” the weather conditions based on data, features enabled, interpolation, flight plan, and other factors."

Therefore, realism settings will work better for you.

Please see the description on page 23 of the user manual:

"Because of the Active Sky's goal of realism, we highly recommend trying "EASY Mode" if you are unfamiliar with aviation weather and related principles. If, however, you are experienced, or just want a challenge, we suggest "REALISM Mode" which enables all options at their highest-realism setting."

Thank you and Happy New Year.

Last edited:

dredd66

I always use Realism mode.
I asked the question because I live near Malpensa airport and I don’t know why, if I look out of my windows, I can often see cirrus not reported on metar strings and, obviously, I cannot see them in FS scenario for that airport (and that is a correct behaviour of AS16).

Then, I’m sorry if my English is sometimes so “poor” since I studied french at School (30 years ago!!) and it’s not so easy, for me, to fully understand manuals in English :)

maxam

Beta Team Member
Your english is good. ASN, AS16 and now ASP4 have been programed to simulate weather using conditions based on metars, the devs continue to improve the latest release. Realism mode does provide the best weather, you are correct cirrus (CI) isn't reported very often. It is included in the example below:

CYGP 181100Z 25002KT 15SM FEW040 BKN240 12/11 A3010 RMK SC1CI1 SLP194

Last edited: