Any Opportunities for HiFi in new FS2020 Simulator?

Senchai

Testing Team 2018
The question is if those P3D problems will/can ever be solved. The next update will come, where things again will change that need lots of time to be invested.

I would think that if one only wants to make 1 platform perfect one will loose a lot of other possibilities.

On the other hand it gets more and more difficult to create something for msfs to generate money. The weather in vanilla made a very big progress since this topic was created. Its better than Rex for sure for various reasons.

And tbvh, for my idea of weather it beats already all other sims. Im not sure if the metar etc already fits exactly what is present irl but how the weather looks, feels, with the transitions and all that is very impressing and gives me way more immersion that i ever have experienced in P3D (letting XP out of the discussion... probably i will never get immersed by what XP gives me. But of course this isnt the fault of Hifi, please noone understands me wrong. Im aware of the limitations of XP).

So until Hifi doesnt have the SDK needed to do better things as vanilla gives us there is probably little reason to step in.

Btw:
If you see no weather injected in MSFS, clear sky and standard pressure (1013/29.92) its probably the weather injection bug.
To fix this, never load into the airport with live-weather active. It needs to be on clear skies and only after you have spawned on the airport you can switch to live-weather. This will make it inject 100%.
Simply said, never touch the weather button on the main map. Always load in with clear skies and switch to live on the airport.

Reactions: lkn

Raphael_Chacon

Interesting thoughts!

Id still push to get started with what we have. This for sure is better than waiting for SDK to start the way with empty hands, you know? May be they are working on it.....

I really appreciate the comment about ClearSkies when stating MSFS flights, wow....i didnt noticed that, in fact MSFS is not my primary platform, still waaaay to go. As a a real pilot student i can not do my study things flying the stock airplanes due to the general "still unrealistic" state of that sim... Looks very good, but feels pretty unrealistic yet i would say. But i will try few flights to admire the progress when the next update arrives, for now i use MSFS when friends come home, just bluffing for now.... jejeje Really :)

Well, lets see what is next to come, i hope to get HIFI in very soon.

Happy Flying!

Daveo

Community Manager
Staff member
Interesting thoughts!

Id still push to get started with what we have. This for sure is better than waiting for SDK to start the way with empty hands, you know? May be they are working on it.....

I really appreciate the comment about ClearSkies when stating MSFS flights, wow....i didnt noticed that, in fact MSFS is not my primary platform, still waaaay to go. As a a real pilot student i can not do my study things flying the stock airplanes due to the general "still unrealistic" state of that sim... Looks very good, but feels pretty unrealistic yet i would say. But i will try few flights to admire the progress when the next update arrives, for now i use MSFS when friends come home, just bluffing for now.... jejeje Really :)

Well, lets see what is next to come, i hope to get HIFI in very soon.

Happy Flying!
Right now until MSFS is no longer a game and becomes a real functioning sim so to speak, it is currently just my sightseeing simulator.

Raphael_Chacon

That is common these days. For instance, a real ATPL friend i have, told me that recent update 3(i would say 3), brang more realism for MSFS2020. I have not tested it yet, i havent even installed the update neither, but may be it is a good step forward. But, from my point of view, i will stick to P3DV5 which feels more realistic and i dont bother with informatic thingies but for flying instead and practicing.... i mean, feel too lazy to start configuring stock airplanes and so on in the new platform, feels still under development..... i will wait a bit more... And i miss AS as well whe i try it ... ;)(y)

Happy Flying!

solarisfire

Seems like people are trying to make MSFS2020 more realistic all the time.

The new Aerosoft CRJ is the closest to study level we've seen yet in the sim, and allows for some fairly realistic flying experiences.

I'm finding myself looking at REX 6 Weather Force to try and get more accurate METAR based weather.
But I know Active Sky will be better when it arrives... It's always been a better solution than REX and I don't know if I should just save my money and wait...

solarisfire

I didn't save my money...
I gave REX my money...
I'll just give Active Sky more money when they have a product out 😅

EDIT: REX's solution is pants... I regret spending my money 😣

Last edited:
Reactions: lkn

lkn

I didn't save my money...
I gave REX my money...
I'll just give Active Sky more money when they have a product out 😅

EDIT: REX's solution is pants... I regret spending my money 😣
Same here REX was a waste of money on my side! Can't wait for Active Sky that landed on MFS2020!

KL Oo

Is there any confirmation its being developed? I thought the weather components of MSFS were locked down and prevented the required access?

Ursli80

Dear HiFi Team,

I would also be about to give your product for MSFS2020 right away. I have a home cockpit and am therefore on the road with Prosim 737. And without AS we have no weather radar image in the ND. So I would really appreciate it if you hacked into the MSFS2020 and developed something.

Best Regrads
Urs

chickenman

Hi team, I would really like to add my weight to this thread as well. Right now we are lacking a weather source that has the option to lock metars to vatsim. Vatsim contains a number of metar sources not available in other streams like noaa for places like New Zealand

PHX_ramper

yeah we all need to vote on the flight simulator fourms to open up a weather SDK for 3rd party devs. i have a feeling its not planned due to something between asobo and meteoblue, and it sucks fro HIFI and REX

Ursli80

Dear HIFI team,

my new home cockpit is slowly coming to an end with the construction and I can slowly start with the software integration.

Now I wanted to ask how the support with the MSFS2020 is progressing and from when you can expect AS?

I AS has always delivered the best weather for me so far and I would also like to see the weather radar again in Prosim's ND.

I look forward to an answer from you.

Thank you very much for your tireless efforts in this area.

Best regards from Switzerland
Urs
Google Translator

Daveo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dear HIFI team,

my new home cockpit is slowly coming to an end with the construction and I can slowly start with the software integration.

Now I wanted to ask how the support with the MSFS2020 is progressing and from when you can expect AS?

I AS has always delivered the best weather for me so far and I would also like to see the weather radar again in Prosim's ND.

I look forward to an answer from you.

Thank you very much for your tireless efforts in this area.

Best regards from Switzerland
Urs
Google Translator

This is the current info we still have regarding MSFS unfortunately.

https://forums.hifisimtech.com/threads/september-2020-development-update.13135/

Ursli80

Daveo

Community Manager
Staff member
The issue with this is not what we can read from the API but what we can put into the sim thru the API.

maxam

Testing Team
Well said.

jgoggi

Sigh, unfortunately FS is still very basic concerning weather, no CB clouds, not the minimum effect of downdraft/updraft/shaking when entering clouds... Clouds are just textures put here and there... I don't know what the use of the weather radar will be when it's made available next Aug 23... Luckily I can write such thoughts here without being bashed, if I do on Facebook FS groups I am kicked in my back... All gamers there, who just mind about beautiful sceneries and wingflex... Anyway FS can't yet be considered a flight simulator, if such fundamental features are missing... Really a pity...