Update AS retrieves old metar

maxam

Beta Team Member
Hello,

The METAR appears to have been posted on June 17 at 2300z which was 22 minutes before you took the screenshot at 2322z, what is the issue exactly?

Jay123

I'm getting a problem where the weather updates aren't accurate. It says last updated 1 minute ago but I checked the aeroweather as well as the local weather network and Active Sky is completely wrong. Local weather report will say 33 degrees celsius while Active Sky will say 25 degrees. It was updated at the same time and no use. Active sky will show sunny when it's raining and winds can be completely opposite directions. I've made sure that I was on live weather mode and tried everything I could. Reinstalling it, checking my wifi connections, DLC, and reset every setting to default but still no use. Anyone can help me out? It happened for a couple of days now but when I bought it a month ago, it was completely fine. BTW I'm using Active Sky on FSX SE.

maxam

Beta Team Member
Hello,

Thanks for the update. According to your screenshot of the conditions page you are using ASP3D, it will not function with FSX:SE - You need AS16 for FSX in order for Active Sky to connect and to provide weather.

https://hifisimtech.com/as16/#buynow

Jay123

I'm a different user and have the FSX SE and have bought ASN from Steam. I'm experiencing the issues above is there anyway you can help? ASN will work and will update local weather but then it'll stop loading and it'll be last update 30 mins ago, then 1 hr ago, then 2 hrs ago, then it'll say updated 1 minute ago but the weather will start being completely wrong.

Last edited:

cubsatl69

Robert,
Unfortunately you answered the wrong user. JAY123 still has an issue that you have not addressed.
Paul Goodman

maxam

Beta Team Member
I'm a different user and have the FSX SE and have bought ASN from Steam. I'm experiencing the issues above is there anyway you can help? ASN will work and will update local weather but then it'll stop loading and it'll be last update 30 mins ago, then 1 hr ago, then 2 hrs ago, then it'll say updated 1 minute ago but the weather will start being completely wrong.
Hello,

Please perform an uninstall of ASN:SE then verify that the ASN:SE folder has been removed then reinstall again. The folder is located in C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\HiFi\ASN

Jay123

It seems that my ASN wasn't in the FSX folder. But weird thing is that it worked with a different wifi network even when it wasn't in the FSX folder. Is it because of the connection?

maxam

Beta Team Member
Apologies, that was the wrong folder, the ASN folder should be in AppData\HiFi - I have corrected my previous post.

Let us know if the uninstall/reinstall resolves the issue, please post a log.txt from ASN:SE if the issue persists.

maxam

Beta Team Member
Yes, just want to ensure that the folder is removed during the uninstall process where you can start with a clean slate.

maxam

Beta Team Member
An update:

We are aware of an issue affecting one of our servers for AS16, AS2012, ASNext and ASE products. We are actively resolving this, and you should see improvement immediately, with some potential brief down times over next 2 days as we resolve any remaining problems. Please let us know if you continue experiencing difficulty. Thank you.