Question AS v6.5 no actual data?

Status
Not open for further replies.

markusr

Hi,

I know this is a legacy and non supported version. I am using on my old FS9 machine for the AS6.5 version. This machine is only used for long haul flights.
Until last friday (10th February) I could download the actual weather as I used to do it with my AS16 installation on the other machine.
Feb 15th in the last day which could be downloaded. When I run now a weather update I get data from 171653Z. But its clearly not 17Feb, as the temp is showing 25° in EDDF.
I tried also a force to primary or secondary server, everytime the same behavoir.

Can you give me a short confirmation if the servers for AS6.5 were disabled one week ago?

Thanks a lot,
Markus

markusr

Hello Patrick,

yes, I found this thread as well. But as it was old from 2015 and the AS6.5 was still working for me last week, I thought of a temporary issue back in 2015.
I am just thinking if it is worth investing in ASE for FS9, than I would like to know how long will weather data will be available for ASE.
I know we are talking about very old products there, but for long haul flights the FS9 in my old config machine is quite fine ;-)

pasterke

Virtual Sky Beta Team
Hi,

I know it's an old thread but if Dave says it's no longer supported in 2015, why would it possible to have the weather updated in 2017 ?

markusr

Hi,

I don't know why it was possible. But I can tell it was working until 10th Feb.
Maybe I try copying the wx_snapshot.txt from the other machine and see if this is working.

suomy777

Hi Markus
I've been having the same issue since last week and wondered if you solved it?
Tried again just now and it's loaded Active wx:171653Z, showing 23degrees at EGCC - definitley not a February day!
Thanks
Paul

Last edited:

markusr

Hi Paul,

no fix until now for me. still the same UTC time and date as you posted.

Daveo

Community Manager
Staff member
Status
Not open for further replies.