asn p3dV2.1 connecting

pilotter

good day, I can't get ASN to connect to P3dV2.1. In the past I have used Active sky and widefs etc. I have installed the simconnect.exe / dll from the p3dv2.1 sdk but the weather stays the same in the simulator and asn says waiting for simulator.....

I run asn on a laptop and p3dv2.1 on a pc. All folders are shared, and with wide fs I can connect normally to prepar3dv2, showing that netwerk is correct.

do I need the prepar sdk to install simmconnect?

Last edited:

holi

Hi,
I got exact the same problem, running the trial version of ASN for P3Dv2
AS2012 is connecting flawless to P3Dv2 but ASN not, still displaying "waiting for Flightsim" and no weather update at all.
I have the the entry in the dll.xml and the simconnect files for P3Dv2.
I checked the folder options several times and can access the from the remote computer.

Any advise would be appreciated!
Thank you

holi

I tried again this morning to get ASN working with P3Dv2 but failed again.
I checked several times all settings related to simconnect but could not find any error.
AS2012 is connecting instantly and also the avliasoft EFB which is using also simconnect is working fine.
I tested the simconnet setup with an external tool and it showed that it is working fine also I checked all entries in the win registry which are also like the should be.

Could somebody from the HiFi developer please look into this matter?

Edit: certainly I have installed simconnect sp2 on the client as well!

Last edited:

dr1ve

Hi
Yes I to have the same trouble as the above post. All setting correct for simconnect, but no connection with ASN P3D. As above my P3Dv2.1 runs with simconnect on the networked PC with other apps, it even run until the error comes up with ASN FSX.

Thank Daniel

Last edited:

Trader

good day, I can't get ASN to connect to P3dV2.1. In the past I have used Active sky and widefs etc. I have installed the simconnect.exe / dll from the p3dv2.1 sdk but the weather stays the same in the simulator and asn says waiting for simulator.....

I run asn on a laptop and p3dv2.1 on a pc. All folders are shared, and with wide fs I can connect normally to prepar3dv2, showing that netwerk is correct.

do I need the prepar sdk to install simmconnect?
I have exactly this problem but eventually solve it by restating the paths in settings -> general -> sim paths option.
Now I have the problem of simconnect not properly initiating even though FSX version connect quite happily in the same networked environment.
Trial period expires in two days If I don't get it working by then I will not purchase and will stick with OPUS.

pilotter

Ah I am just waiting on the reply for my ticket, I will definitely buy, and think that I am doing something wrong with simconnect

holi

I have also opened a ticket but so far no answer to my problem......

If you get an answer pls give me a note, I will do so as well.