Unconfirmed ASN SP3 any changes to WX snapshot?

calzoni92

Hi Team,

I updated to SP3 yesterday and planned my first flight in two weeks using PFPX. Unfortunately the winds PFPX is now showing (when ASN is set as the weather source) are way off from what ASN is showing in the sim (FSX) and what ASN is showing in its flight plan and WX uplink file.

Winds in the sim, ASN flight plan and WX uplink all match each other. What PFPX is showing however (when using ASN as a weather source) is winds are off by 30-70 degrees and the wind speed by up to 80-90 knots at waypoints.

There have been no PFPX updates over the past two weeks and the only change I have made since then is updating to SP3. I am wondering if there was any changes done to the WX snapshot file that may now be throwing off PFPX suddenly? Its just not interpolating the data correctly anymore!

damian

Developer
Staff member
Hi there,

No intentional changes here. I'd suggest contacting PFPX developers regarding the issue you are experiencing with PFPX, since all other data appears correct from ASN side.

calzoni92

Thank you Damian,

Do you happen to be a PFPX user? I posted in their aerosoft hosted forum and I have yet to receive official word. I also submitted a ticket to support and have yet to hear back after 3 days.

If you do have PFPX and are familiar with it, plan a short transatlantic hop, say KJFK-EGLL using PFPX weather. Export the route as a .pln, load it in ASN flight plan and then compare the PFPX output to ASN. On my end I am seeing massive heading/speed differences waypoint for waypoint. Im hoping that Im not the only one seeing this...

thanks again!

damian

Developer
Staff member
Sorry, I don't use that add-on. Perhaps someone else here can confirm. We haven't had any open issues reported to my knowledge, however.

braindamage02

calzoni92 - I just replied over in the PFPX forum to your post there but the issue is with winds at LAT/LON waypoints. You're providing examples from transatlantic flights which of course use LAT/LON waypoints (I fly the same flights primarily and have had the same problem since updating to SP3). The examples other users have provided are for domestic or regional hops that don't involve LAT/LON waypoints and as such, don't recreate the problem. I'm at work now and am more than happy to provide screenshots after I'm home if need be. The issue seems to be how ASN is reporting winds at LAT/LON waypoints or how PFPX is reading them. I don't want to speculate as to which side the issue is on but like calzoni92, the only thing that has changed in my sim over the last few weeks has been the ASN update to SP3.