Issue ASN: Wake Turbulence always generated near ground when paused

Mustang

Hello,

As I sometimes like to use FSX to make screenshots, I occasionally pause my flight to switch to the external camera for a shot. I've noticed that any time I'm close to the ground (up to 50ft perhaps), when I unpause the sim I am hit with wake turbulence by ASN.

This seems to be completely reproducible, and happens whether over a runway or regular terrain. The only condition is being very low and having the sim paused for around 5-10 seconds or more.

Product Name/Version/Build: ASN for FSX 1.0.6011.15407
Reproduction Steps: Fly any aircraft and pause the sim just after getting airborne - watch the ASN debug window and wait for the wake generator to show the applied effects after 5 seconds or so.

It's not a showstopper, but when flying a light aircraft it can cause an immediate crash into the ground, especially on landing. (Luckily I have crashes turned off as I crashed into invisible objects too many times in past when taxying on airfields!)

I assume that it's some kind of wake from my own aircraft which ASN is modelling, which 'spreads' over time even when the sim is paused. Just an idea...

Thanks,

Martyn

damian

Developer
Staff member
Hi Martyn,

It's a limitation of the pause detection and wake encounter checking logic.

We're working on improvements here.