Issue ASP4 Changing sky texture color

HardiQ

So I have had this issue for long time, I just figured out that it was activesky 4 causing this. Sim P3D v4.5,
This is the sky texture that I would see initially Image 1 before I click on menu bar and go into p3d graphics options and then click cancel over there to come back into the sim and the sky textures change to what they should look like this image 2 I use RSF3D and ASP4, for some reason after a few minutes ASP4 again resets the textures to look like in image 1, I have had the same issue with envtex as well, and this is after sim re installs. I have checked my visibility settings and all seems to be fine. any clues? I have been missing viewing beautiful sunrise/sunset and sky textures. I saw a similar issue reported a while back regarding moon and sun textures from someone. Regards.

HardiQ

Edit- issue seems to be fixed by deleting sky.dat file from as_srv folder in p3d, am I supposed to delete fap.dat as well?

maxam

Testing Team
Hello,

Sorry, not at my PC at the moment. Move the file to your desktop for safekeeping and delete it, Active Sky should generate a new one upon restart. There is always the uninstall/reinstall option available to you.

Deleting or regenerating the shader (.cos) files may also resolve an issue. You can assign a keyboard shortcut to perform the action or browse to \:

Local Disk:\Users\You\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\Shaders

Be sure to leave the "Shaders" folder, simply delete the .cos files inside while the simulator is not running.