ASV6.5 Error

Carob

Hello.

I am trying to help my father with an issue that appeared out of nowhere for him yesterday when using ASV6.5 and FS9 on a Windows XP system. While flying an error popped up saying something about accessing internal components Unencrypt step 1 and to please run the 'Repair' option via the ASv6 setup.exe. I have tried to find this 'repair' option in some of the service pack updates myself but don't see it. Is this option only available using the initial installer? I also have that (somewhere) but am hoping to go about fixing this with an easier solution.

I have read that the chilkatzip2.dll file might be to blame for this and that it could either be in the wrong location (again, somehow) or damaged or whatever. It seems as though this file is supposed to be located in the main FS folder. Is that correct?

I have also read that some people have done complete reinstalls only to wind up with the same error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Daveo

Community Manager
Staff member
Hi,

Check that your antivirus program didn't block or quarantine the file after an update.

Are you using AVG?

Carob

Hi,

Check that your antivirus program didn't block or quarantine the file after an update.

Are you using AVG?
I did see mentions of that and did check it. Free version of Malwarebytes on that system and nothing in quarantine related to that.

Daveo

Community Manager
Staff member