ASXP and MoveVR

BlackBeltMike

Hiya, this is probably a less-than-common request, but no harm asking I guess.

I am a new user to ASXP (the open beta), with X-Plane 11.50b11 Vulkan and Oculus Rift S. I use the free MoveVR plugin to bring standard windows apps inside the cockpit in VR, such as Pilot2ATC for example, and in general it works great.

I've been trying to bring the ASXP window into VR in order to see the weather map visualisation but unfortunately MoveVR can't render the ASXP window. Even if I use MoveVR to bring the entire desktop into VR, the ASXP window isn't drawn. Now compared to most Windows apps, ASXP does have a unique appearance which may or may not have anything to do with this, and I know MoveVR can't render windows of applications which are using hardware acceleration (the recommendation is to turn that off where possible), but is there anything I can do such as cmd line parameters maybe to make ASXP more friendly to MoveVR please?

It's obviously not the end of the world if not, but still, it'd be quite nice to have that ASXP weather map rendered inside the sim somehow.

Thanks,
Mike

BlackBeltMike

Like most things, it turns out there is a way. Once I'd found the AS Remote Weather web browser view, I can use MoveVR to bring the browser window into the sim and I can position and size it as needed. Now I have a live weather map inside VR! All the web page controls appear to work with the Oculus Touch controllers so that Remote Weather UI is very much appreciated!

Attachments

maxam

Super Moderator
Hello Mike,

Glad that you were able to find a workaround.