ASXP not injecting current weather

molleh

Dunno if I'm doing something wrong but the ASXP ATIS feature (tuned to 122.0) is reporting weather totally different from what's actually represented in the sim/actual current weather. KMEM as of this post is 28c but ATIS says 7c and so forth. Running latest version and XP 11.50b14.

edit: Actually there's more to this story. The actual in-sim weather is NOT matching at all what's show in the ASXP app. Built-in XP ATIS matches what the ASXP ATIS says - but, for example, the map screen in ASXP shows accurate current weather readings.

molleh

Just had the same at KDEN this evening - should be 35c, ASXP app shows 35c as it should, but in-sim is 5c... Using "lock to sim time" with sim time locked to current.

spizarro23

Same here! Im using XP11 11.41.
I departed SCEL metar shows: SCEL 161600Z 28002KT 4000 BR FEW160 BKN180 08/06 Q1015 NOSIG

My activesky current conditions windows shows vis:9999.

Tomasz

Also a similar problem (LIPZ).
Weather on ASXP map: LIPZ 162250Z 03008KT ...
ATC ASXP (122.00) says no wind.
In XP, in the "Weather Settings" tab, the wind is displayed correctly.
Of course, I have the weather mode set to: "From custom METAR (.rwx) file"

molleh

Curious, are either of you two using historical "locked to sim time" weather mode, or just the current/live weather mode?

beep747

My problem is that in xp-11.50 custom weather doesn't load the metar in the ASX directory at start-up. I have to do it manually. If I don't, the Active Sky app and x-plane have different metar.

molleh

My problem is that in xp-11.50 custom weather doesn't load the metar in the ASX directory at start-up. I have to do it manually. If I don't, the Active Sky app and x-plane have different metar.
That seems to be the problem on my end as well. On either custom or historic weather (locked to sim time), I have to restart ASXP *or* change the in-sim time so ASXP reloads the weather, or the metars won't match between in-sim and what ASXP shows.

akatham

That seems to be the problem on my end as well. On either custom or historic weather (locked to sim time), I have to restart ASXP *or* change the in-sim time so ASXP reloads the weather, or the metars won't match between in-sim and what ASXP shows.
In the debug page there is a button - "Refresh weather". Did you try that? May be easier and less hassle than restarting the whole program