Waiting for Response ATIS / METAR reports truncated

julian46

I tune to 122.02 and audibly I start getting the metar at my destination - but part way through it gets truncated and starts repeating same message - any ideas ? - thanks

EDIT: I just noticed its intermittent - if you let it repeat it (usually) gives all the relevant information up to and including the Altimeter setting

Last edited:

maxam

Super Moderator
Hello,

I just tried all the soundsets and the message does not cut out. Can you check upon loading the flight? Does the report sound okay at the beginning of the flight then drop out over time?

julian46

The sound doesnt drop out - that works fine - its the METAR message -before it gets to the end and says (everything) it starts from the beginning again so you don't get all the information - sometimes it misses the altimeter setting before it just loops back to the beginning again.

maxam

Super Moderator
Hello,

Still not able to reproduce. We will need more information - Airport, time, date etc. so we can check.

Thank you.

Burnspot

Yea, I've had this happen a lot...just have to keep waiting; it'll eventually broadcast the full ATIS. Just had it happen at KPIR, but it really seems a bit random.