Can not go to Support - rediirection problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schachow

Whenever I am in some other area, e.g. Hone, and then click on support i get this message.
To get to support I have to go out of HiFiTech. and do a search for e.g Support Active Sky.
Firefox is set to allow cookies.
Is this message normal for this site???

----------------------------------------------
The page isn’t redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

Bill

maxam

Testing Team
Hi Bill,

Hmm, issue is creeping up again huh? The following is from the Mozilla Firefox Help page:

If clearing cookies didn't help then It is possible that the cookies.sqlite file in the Firefox profile folder that stores the cookies got corrupted.

rename/remove cookies.sqlite (cookies.sqlite.old) and if present delete cookies.sqlite-shm and cookies.sqlite-wal in the Firefox profile folder in case cookies.sqlite got corrupted.
You can use the button on the "Help -> Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page to go to the current Firefox profile folder or use the about; profiles page.

Help -> Troubleshooting Information -> Profile Directory:
Windows: Show Folder; Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_Firefox

Try that and see if the issue persists.

Robert

Last edited:

Schachow

Thanks, Robert
I went to Firefox Tools>Options>Privacy & Security and cleared out Cookies and Site Data and my problem is resolved.

maxam

Testing Team
That's great Bill, thanks for letting us know.

Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.