Can't Network Share for seperate pc install usage

HomieOC

I setup my other pc which is running a windows 10 VM for WIDEFS which works with my efass ng product

Decided why not try to also use it for active skyp3d v5 ?

I've looked around and see you need to share folders on main pc for local computer to be having directory access? I followed instructions here but when I go to search a directory nothing shows under network even though it is.

this is my not main p3d pc. easily access the shared folders but when active sky opens up and i click network box nothing shows

Last edited:

maxam

Beta Team Member
Hi,

Make sure the folders are shared properly. Right click on the folders and select "Properties" then the Security tab. You can add "Everyone" to the "Group or usernames" and ensure they have full control. See if that helps.

HomieOC

the vm can access it without a issue if i type the share folder url.... and it showes under networks

EXCEPT when active sky starts as you see in image only the personal VM PC is showing my prepar3d pc name is the 398 one. not the other I'm extremely puzzled;; EDIT: can it not being fully updated windows os / not ACTIVIATED WINDOWS cause issue? im going ahead and gonna activate it. since i own a extra windows key

Last edited:

HomieOC

EDIT: it's working now LOL. All was needed was me activating windows 10 for the VM

EDIT: SETUP AND WORKING! HECK YA! THANKS maxam!

Last edited: