Unconfirmed cloud formations not loading or updating with ASP4

jas.dil

Today i realised for some reason that the clouds arnt loading in or are not updating, no matter what the weather is i just get a hazy sky with what i think is a few cirrus clouds. to confirm this i used historical weather to a date i knew it was raining. In the sim it was raining but the sky stayed the same, hazy blue with a few cirrus.

JordanJ

Beta Team Member
Hello,

Are you using any texture addon for clouds such as ASCA, TOGA, or REX?

Thanks!

jas.dil

Hello,

Thanks!
Hi Jordan.

Initially ASCA. Once I noticed the problem I wondered if it was to do with textures so although not initially supported yet I loaded in REX texture direct that I have. This didn't change or sort the problem. So I shut off ASP4 and went through some different default weather themes from P3D and ORBX.

All of the themes showed up correctly, clearly using the REX textures I had loaded in to see if it fixed the initial problem.

jas.dil

Hello,

Thanks!
I feel things have got worse for me. I had a feeling it was ASCA causing the issue so i uninstalled it. however since doing that i have had a sequence of events that have got worse.

uninstalled ASCA
Started ASP4, Started P3D, as soon as i loaded a flight, the sim shut, no pop up window or anything just vanished. tried this several times, same result.
Started P3D, loaded flight, sim stayed loaded.
Uninstalled and reinstalled ASP4, Started ASP4 and P3D, sim vanished.
Now if i use ASP4 and P3D sim vanishes as soon as i load a flight.
If I just start P3D and load a flight, it crashes after a couple of minutes saying AS_Connect_64.dll is the faulty module, deleted AS_Connect_64.dll and reinstalled manually, same problem still. Tried deleting from registry using the .exe file you listed to try in another post. That doesn't start up, can double click on it all day and it doesn't do anything.

Whats gone so wrong?

Hardmanrb

I may have had the same issue. Few cirrus but no lower clouds. Not many addons available yet so I did a complete reinstall from scratch and ASP4 is working as it should with no addons. I'm loading my addons one by one to see which one if any cause the clouds to vanish. I have a few suspects and I'll post what I find once done.

JordanJ

Beta Team Member
In regards to issue with the AS_connect_64.DLL file can you please run the as_btstrp_config_manager.exe file located in your P3Dv4 Root Folder/as_srv "as administrator". In regards to the cloud formations no loading that sounds like it could be an issue can you please see if it works after the reinstall (and running through the above instruction). If you still have issues please open a support ticket using the link in my signature below.

Thanks!

damian

Developer
Staff member
Problems with 3D clouds not depicting (only cirrus) are unfortunately a bit common with P3D, and for various reasons including some add-on problems, bad shader code, bad shader cache, etc.

We always recommend clearing your shader cache (google this if you need instructions or open a ticket and we can assist you) and this solves many of such cases. Another fix can be to uninstall/reinstall the content, client and scenery components of your P3D installation.

Hope that helps!

jas.dil

I uninstalled and re installed ASP4 and the same problem occurred. With ASP4 running sim vanished as soon as I loaded a flight. With ASP4 not running, the sim crashed after a minute saying the faulty module was AS_CONNECT_64.dll. If I manually deleted that module from the as_srv folder and did not run ASP4, I could fly all day. I ran the as_btstrp_config_manager.exe as I see you had suggested that in another post. This appeared to do nothing whether I run it as administrator or not. I could double click it all day and it appeared to do nothing.

The only thing that has cured my problem is I have had to do a complete re install of P3D and ASP4 and other add ons and so far all seems to be ok. I'm still yet to intall ASCA yet as uninstalling that is what started all the other problems.

Hardmanrb

Reloaded everything except FSUPIC and GSX, Ensured everything was outside the main P3DV4 directory. Working perfectly so far.