Resolved Deleting Default Favourite Metars

Proudy

Hi There, my AS has default Metars installed and I can't find how to delete them so I can add my own favourites.
I have followed the instructions in the help section, however it doesn't help me.

Can anyone assist?

Thanks John

maxam

Beta Team Member
Hello John,

Please use the "Conditions" screen. From the ASP4 User's Guide:

The buttons at the top of the Conditions screen are:

• Favorites Use the Favorites drop-down to bring up favorite Wx stations or active route

stations.

The Add to Favorites item will add the current station to your list of favorites, which will appear in this drop-down.

The Remove from Favorites item will remove the current Favorite station from your list of Favorites.

Proudy

Thanks Robert, I understand how to add and remove favourites, however, my problem is there are currently four favourites showing on the home screen these are KSEA, KLAX, PANC & PHNL. They defaulted onto the home screen when I installed AS. They do not appear as favourites in the conditions drop down box, therefore, I am not able to delete them, nor can I load any of my favourites as those four defaulted airports take up all the space in the home screen. It's rather frustrating. I also checked the cfg file and they don't exist there either only YMML which I tried to add as a favourite.

maxam

Beta Team Member
Hello,

The default favorites will be replaced with the new ones you add, does this not work?

Proudy

Hi Robert, no it doesn't work. I tried to add YMML it appears in the dropdown box, however, all the options are greyed out with the only option available to select "remove YMML from favourites." I'm confused what am I doing wrong?

maxam

Beta Team Member
Hello John,

Which version and build number of Active Sky do you have? Have you tried a complete uninstall/reinstall? Please try that and be sure to remove saved data when asked and see if that resolves the issue. You should be able to add one airport after another, a restart of Active Sky is needed after adding an airport.

Proudy

Hi Robert thanks for your help and patience. My AS version is 7410. I did as you suggested and did a complete delete & reinstall.
Now working fine. What I didn't realise was the restart after adding a new favourite.
Many thanks once again much appreciated and I must say how professional AS is. I'm a retired commercial pilot and the realism adds greatly to the Flight Sim experience.
John

maxam

Beta Team Member
Hello John,

You are most welcome, glad that we can help keep you up in the air.

All the best.