EA not working with Beta 8 n P3d v5.1

EKOTAMIKE

Not sure if this is a L.M. problem or AS. New connect to V5,1 work fine as long as AS is disabled, otherwise the weather is not correct.

ACA235

I am having the same issue with P3D5.1

I updated the client, content and scenery in the manner that LM says we should.

I then updated AS correctly - but EA seems weird!

davey6693

I'm also experiencing just plain wrong weather when EA is enabled. Programmed some custom weather with ActiveSky, 2 cloud layers overcast at 700 and rain. There's no rain with v 7613 in 5.1 and the cloud base is too high. Asking for the same conditions using P3D's custom weather settings results in something better I'd say but not quite the same. Turning EA off allows things to work properly with AS weather injection.

@POS 141940Z 33201KT 9999 RA OVC007 BKN024 10/09 Q1023 RMK ADVANCED INTERPOLATION

OVC007 extends to:2488 feet (Cloud type:CU, Turbulence:Light, Icing:None, Shear:Gradual, Cloud shape:Flat). Previous cloud: None, next cloud: BKN024 (Created directly, e.g. for thunderstorm weather or a hurricane)
BKN024 extends to:12488 feet (Cloud type:CU, Turbulence:None, Icing:None, Shear:Gradual, Cloud shape:Flat). Previous cloud: OVC007, next cloud: None (Created directly, e.g. for thunderstorm weather or a hurricane)

Must be a tricky one because completely turning AS off and using the major thunderstorm theme results in some quite different behaviour. Rain is coming straight down with EA on in my sim, with the wind having basically no effect. Maybe I need to read up some more. Any advice appreciated!

Daveo

Community Manager
Staff member