Enjoying 7668 Update with P3D V5 HF1

BAWV12

I tested v5.1 too, but not in my machine, I have only 6GB GPU and that is not enough :( Some screenshots from that test flights :

Screenshots are very spectacular, but overall quaility of the EA is not good. Same artefacts on cloud - mountain borders, very strange clouds metamorphoses, still visible waffle effects, etc. I observed significant performance benefit with v5.1.

BAWV12

Another EA screenshots :

And landing sequence :

It was my last flight on that borrowed machine.

Last edited:

maxam

Beta Team Member
Very nice! Any chance that you can keep the borrowed machine? Set up a rent-to-buy with the person you borrowed it from.

BAWV12

I'm still finding usable v5.1 settings for own machine equiped with only 6 GB GPU. For default and almost all freeware airports 6GB is enough even with EA, VRAM overflow is problem only on the most complicated scenery like Kai Tak or DD N.Y.C., but I have not these sceneries. I have only Bratislava, Kathmandu, Paro and Lukla payware, all are for FSX, but with some modifications works in P3D v4.5 and V5.1. All other are freeware, for example beautifull Bogota, Grantley Adams, Medelin, Wien etc.

Today, it is impossible to buy 8 or 12 GB GPU with price lower than used car :(

Last edited:

maxam

Beta Team Member
Yes very true, the GPU's are still priced quite high. There is a great deal of fantastic freeware out there. I have found some great scenery by artists from all over the world. Some of my favorites are from Russia. Gilles Boily did a great rendition of Quebec City Airport (CYQB) and another artist closer to me is Don Grovestein who has done some great work on local airports in and around Vancouver.

BAWV12

I found very usable config for my poor 6 GB GPU. These screenshots are from short testflight from EDDF to LOWI with homemade photoscenery :