False wind values

Daveo

Community Manager
Staff member
Hello Pilots,

Ok this is in the process of being fixed and server adjustments are currently underway.
Barring any unanticipated problems this should be working correctly within a few hours.

Any of the few support tickets regarding this I will close.
If you do need them opened again just reply and it will re-open.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Daveo

Community Manager
Staff member

Fahrenheit88

Hello Pilots,

Ok this is in the process of being fixed and server adjustments are currently underway.
Barring any unanticipated problems this should be working correctly within a few hours.

Thank you for the job Daveo!

efpg0708

Th
Hello Pilots,

Thanks for the quick response ! That’s great news.
Cheers
Eduardo

zeke78

Thank Damian ;)
Dave quick question regarding this....I get a message of "upper wind forecast not available" on PFPX using historical mode, is it related with these issues by any chance or is it a PFPX issue?

Rgds,

Tiago

Last edited:

calzoni92

Hello Pilots,

Is this fixed now and server updated?

I assume the historic data after the NOAA changes and before the HiFi server fix should be disregarded as it is incorrect for that period?

Last edited:

Daveo

Community Manager
Staff member
Is this fixed now and server updated?

I assume the historic data after the NOAA changes and before the HiFi server fix should be disregarded as it is incorrect for that period?
Historical data during the period of March 22 through March 27 will have the bad aloft winds data and we can't fix it this. Only static winds aloft from March 22 through March 27.
We apologize for the inconvenience and have fixed this as well as implemented additional routines and failsafes to prevent this in the future.

srcooke

Dave quick question regarding this....I get a message of "upper wind forecast not available" on PFPX using historical mode, is it related with these issues by any chance or is it a PFPX issue?

Rgds,

Tiago
ActiveSky API has not been implemented in PFPX therefor upper wind forecast over time is not present when planning, hence the 'information ' message that was suppressed in previous versions. Planning with v2.04 and using AS is no different to how it has always been.

calzoni92

Historical data during the period of March 22 through March 27 will have the bad aloft winds data and we can't fix it this. Only static winds aloft from March 22 through March 27.
We apologize for the inconvenience and have fixed this as well as implemented additional routines and failsafes to prevent this in the future.
Thank you for confirming Dave and duly noted regarding the wind data for 3/22 to 3/27.

You and the whole HiFi team provide outstanding support and this shows in the quality of your products.

Keep up the outstanding work and thank you again!

Daveo

Community Manager
Staff member
Thank you for confirming Dave and duly noted regarding the wind data for 3/22 to 3/27.

You and the whole HiFi team provide outstanding support and this shows in the quality of your products.

Keep up the outstanding work and thank you again!
Hi Calzoni,

Your welcome.
Glad everything is working properly now.

johnathon1976

I don’t know if it’s the same problem but I’m doing a flight this morning and looking at the surface winds at most airports and it’s wrong, I have EFBv2 showing activesky p3d weather and that is correct so I’ve checked the snapshot weather file which was downloaded this morning and that shows correct winds and QnH but active sky conditions window the weather is wrong.