Resolved Feature request for PMDG 777

mark767

Watching the latest PMDG777 video posted on the YouTube channel of Frooglesim, he makes a text document from the winds data and drops it into the PMDG folder. The 777 then reads the file and populates all of the enroute winds data in the FMS. I just wonder if you would be able to add a feature the the flight plan page that allows for export directly to the PMDG folder of this text document. I think this would be very cool for AS2012.

jevon

+1 and also very cool that PMDG adopted the AS2012 winds data format for importing to the T7. Great to see developers piggy-backing on others' work in ways that increase ease of use rather than forcing customers to have advanced parsing skills just to get something to work with another program. PMDG and HiFi deserve huge kudos for this.

And while it's easy enough to copy/paste the AS2012 winds data into a new file as described in the 777 Introduction Manual (page 41) and in the "read me" referenced there, it would be great if this process could eventually be automated in AS2012.

damian

Developer
Staff member
Hi,

We have already implemented the automatic export of our data and initial tests look good. We have a few more things to wrap up and then will be releasing a beta update for AS2012 including this enhancement very soon. Thanks!

liketofly

Awesome, thanks..... that was the news I was looking for the whole weekend!!! You made my day.... can't wait for that beta...gg

regards
Richard

Gavin

Hi,

We have already implemented the automatic export of our data and initial tests look good. We have a few more things to wrap up and then will be releasing a beta update for AS2012 including this enhancement very soon. Thanks!
Thanks. Looking forward to this.

liketofly

Hi,

I know it's only a week since your post, but is there any news on the beta release?

regards

damian

Developer
Staff member
No promises, there could be unexpected problems, but we're hoping for this week or next.

liketofly

Thanks damian....

Excellent Customer Service and Technological awareness to react so rapidly on an ever changing FSX environment........

Just one question, since I didn't have the chance to download and install yet. You are writing on your download page:

"PMDG777 Integration: Automatic aloft winds data exported during flight plan process."

Does this also include a renewed export when I select refresh flightplan in AS2012 menue, and what would be the naming convention for that then, since I think PMDG locks the weather file once you upload it to the fmc....

regards
Oberwinkler Richard

Last edited:

damian

Developer
Staff member
Hi,

AS2012 "attempts" to rewrite the file each time the flight plan is processed/reprocessed or refreshed. If it cannot rewrite the file it just continues (these events are logged).

PMDG is aware of the issue of the file being locked, and I would imagine this will get "fixed" in short order. There is no renaming of files or sequential filenames, since it is made to work with only the departure and destination ICAO IDs in the filename. In the mean time, make sure you have your weather how you want it before you load it with the FMC.

liketofly

Hi Damian

Thanks for the quick reply.... as always excellent service..

regards
Oberwinkler Richard

NaMcO

Incredible support. I can't wait for ASN to come out so i can instantly purchase it.

Thank you very much.