Unconfirmed Flashing Clouds P3Dv4

asegm08

Today at KLGA around 1PM EDT. I was on the ground at KLGA weather was really bad at that time. Low ceilings and fog down to 1MI as I was looking at the cloud deck on top I observed flashing Clouds. As if they were conflicting with the volumetric fog and where flashing as they popped up.

dr1980

I just came by to post the same issue, I saw it at KJFK around the same time as the OP and again at CYYZ around 1800 Eastern time. In both cases conditions were heavy overcast.

maxam

Beta Team Member
Can you both clear your shader cache and report back %AppData%\Local\Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v4\Shaders.

Do either of you have ASCA textures installed?

Last edited:

Flic1

I have also noticed this issue with the latest ASCA and default ASCA clouds. I will clear my shaders and keep an eye on it. I was seeing it with the lower cumulus clouds that you would normally see in the 'Fair WX' setting.

clive6354

I also have the same problem (different location) I have tried to clear out my shaders cache but without success, problem still exists
I am ising P3D V4 and AS2016 (beta)

radorabatin

Hello,

I experience the same issue,and it still persists with latest Beta build. I don't use any texture addons only ASCA and I've deleted shaders numerous times.

Rado

JordanJ

Beta Team Member
Hi all,

For anyone having this issue continue after clearing the shaders are you using any tools such as PTA? if so can you disable those and see if the issue continues.

Thanks!

Er!k

No, P3D is not tweaked at all. Only using FTX Global and ActiveSky + ACSA. I also noticed the effect in 'default weather' without AS. But since in the default weather there are almost no clouds, the effect is hardly noticable.

JordanJ

Beta Team Member
No, P3D is not tweaked at all. Only using FTX Global and ActiveSky + ACSA. I also noticed the effect in 'default weather' without AS. But since in the default weather there are almost no clouds, the effect is hardly noticable.
If you are seeing it in a default situation without AS running then it has to be something at the base sim level. Have you posted/checked the LM forums to see if this issue is being discussed there?

Thanks!