Submitted FSX "AS16 cannot control ambient weather parameters correctly" every single time I fly.

Gasviation

Hi all,

This problem has caused me next level brain damage, depression and anxiety when trying to even finish a flight with AS16.

I have already tried every solution such as reinstalling activesky, checking whether the <as_connect> thing is enabled in dll.xml, disabling weather settings in FSUIPC, etc. I know it is not caused by another third party program because FSX also crashes when only it and AS16 are opened.

It did not show any signs of AS16 crashing in the event viewer since the one that DID show in event viewer is completely unrelated to AS16:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.62615.0, time stamp: 0x559f9a9a
Faulting module name: XAudio2_6.dll, version: 9.28.1886.0, time stamp: 0x4b6b0791
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0002cbef
Faulting process ID: 0x0x4870
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D92F6141D00745
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\XAudio2_6.dll
Report ID: ae68c01b-e39f-45c9-8cba-19ab8f6ff80d
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

This crash (Xaudio2_6.dll) can occur when AS16 is OFF.

If anyone can call me out for being an absolute idiot, I would very much appreciate it.

Daveo

Community Manager
Staff member
Hello,

We will need to check your setup and settings.

Please submit a support ticket regarding this issue and reference this forum post also.

You can login to the support desk from the link below or from the tab at the top left of the forum page:

https://hifisimtech.zendesk.com

Gasviation

Alright.

If the Zendesk forum also has no response, I will put my specs here.

HP OMEN Laptop 15-en0xxx (gaming laptop)

AMD Ryzen 7 4800H

16GB 3200MHZ

NVIDIA RTX 2060 mobile

Model SAMSUNG MZVLB512HBJQ-000H1 (512GB SSD)

Windows 11 Home

Daveo

Community Manager
Staff member
Hello,

There is always a response on Zendesk.

Please submit a support ticket regarding this issue and reference this forum post also.

All support tickets are handled and responded to in the order they are received.

Normal response/reply time for each ticket is up to 24 hours Monday thru Friday and up to 48 hours on the weekend and observed holidays.

Please Note the following:
If you append or add to your current open ticket before we respond to it, it will be reset and placed at the back of the queue and the 24/48 hour response time will be applied again which will cause delays in resolving your issue.