Bug FSX Flashing Clouds version 7205 update.

Slartibartfast

Summary of problem: I Have downloaded and installed*AS16 for FSX + Update 092319. After the update I get Flashing clouds which never happened on version 7013. I uninstalled AS16 and installed version 7013, and the clouds were OK. I then downloaded and installed the AS16 for FSX + Update 092319*again and the Flashing clouds were back again.
I am running FSX Acceleration, DX10 Fixer latest version and FSUIPC Latest*version. I also rebuilt the Shader cache between installations.The attached jpg files were snapshot approximately a second apart and show the difference in textures. The flashing occurs approximately*1 second interval but can take longer between flashes, even when flying.

Product Name/Version/Build: AS16 for FSX + Update 092319 7205
Area of problem (i.e. Installer, Documentation, User Interface, Graphics, etc.): Graphics, Flashing Clouds
Error Message(s) Received: None
Reproduction Steps:

I can only*conclude that the latest update for AS16 is faulty as when I reinstalled the previous version the clouds were OK.

Can you please help solve this bug. If you need any more information please contact me.

Best regards,

Nigel.

Attachments

Meteore

Hello, i got exactly the same issue, but in P3D v3.4.22.19868. After the update, the same effect of "flashing" clouds, and for me, flashes seems to occurs depending on the angle of camera (or the position of the camera), so it can happens "automatically" and consistantly when flying, but also it can occurs when parked on ground just by panning the camera, it is really strange and annoying. No flash if AS16 isnt running. Same thing when i try to revert to the previous version (7013), no flash. I also tried to delete the shaders folder after the upgrade, but no effect, and same issue. I hope that this issue will be fixed soon.

Best regards,

Cliff.

Joeflyer

Ditto on the B7205 update for FSX with Acceleration. Seems like the flashing happens during weather update intervals.

Slartibartfast

I got an e-mail from Damian Clark and the latest official FSX AS16 has reverted to version 7013, while they sort out the bugs in 7502. I believe the download page now reflects this change if you want to revert back.

Best regards,
Nigel.

Daveo

Community Manager
Staff member
Hello,

We have reverted back to build 7013 while we investigate this.

The reverted version (Build 7013) for FSX Full and Update installers can be downloaded from the following links.

Update items install “over the top” of your existing installation. Full Version items are intended for new or clean installations.

Full version:

http://hifisimtech.mediafire.com/file/g44286o3zkshev7/ActiveSky2016_FSX_Install.exe/file

Update version:

http://hifisimtech.mediafire.com/file/8s0emda0b6fros8/ActiveSky2016_FSX_Update.exe/file

More news regarding this will be posted in the Development News area as it becomes available.

Last edited:

bsal

Testing build 7205 in FSX I have just made the following observation regarding the flickering clouds, If I load a flightplan into AS16 the clouds stop flickering, if I clear the flightplan the clouds start flickering again. I never fly without a plan loaded so doesn't really bother me.

Daveo

Community Manager
Staff member
Testing build 7205 in FSX I have just made the following observation regarding the flickering clouds, If I load a flightplan into AS16 the clouds stop flickering, if I clear the flightplan the clouds start flickering again. I never fly without a plan loaded so doesn't really bother me.
Thanks for the update. I will notify the Dev Team about this.

Joeflyer

I reverted to the earlier build the other day. When I used 7205, I had a flight plan loaded in AS16 and the flickering was quite evident throughout the 4 hours flight. Just the opposite happened for you with a loaded flight plan.

damian

Developer
Staff member
Thanks for the information all. There are numerous issues found with 7205 despite a lengthy beta period before going official. We will be rolling back both AS16 for P3Dv3 and AS16 for FSX to 7013 officially and going back to Open Beta status on 7205.

DAVIDF4

Any update on the expected release of a fix for 7205?
I liked a lot about this release. If just the flashing cloud issue could be fixed I'd be happy.

maxam

Beta Team Member
Hello,

Thank you for the reminder, lots going on, just do not have an update for you just yet.