FSX Fog depiction

glenmans

Apologies if this is probably revisiting a very old post (and posted in error into RULES).

I am running AS16 and ASCA for FSX (boxed version). Using Custom weather control I am trying to create a fog layer. No matter what type of cloud I use I always get the message: "- Low visibility was specified, but no suitable cloud for fog depiction was added". Why is this? How does AS16 deal with fog creation? And what type of cloud should I be using for effective fog creation?

An excellent program that has added an amazing aspect to my FSX.

Regards

maxam

Testing Team
Hi,

Have you tried setting the temp and dewpoint to match each other? That may help.

Daveo

Community Manager
Staff member
Hello,

We will need to check your setup and settings.
Please submit a support ticket with a log export at the Support Desk regarding this issue and reference this forum post also.
You can export your log from the Logs button in Active Sky.

Please login to the support desk instead of using email in case you have logs/file attachments over 5MB's in size.

You can login to the support desk from the link below or from the tab at the top left of the forum page:

https://support.hifitechinc.com/

Please note you will need to have a registered account on the support desk
or create an account if you do not have one.

glenmans

Dear Maxam and Daveo

Thank you for your responses.

Temp/dewpoint suggestion tried without success.

I will log the suggested support ticket on Monday.

Kind regards.

maxam

Testing Team
Hi,

Here is a METAR that shows fog in FSX. I found it using the search option in the AS16 interface choosing "Less than 1 SM" in the Visibility dropdown.

PATC 071955Z 03026KT 1/4SM FZFG VV002 M05/M05 A2986 RMK AO2A SLP118 BWC LOW

At least you can test to see if fog is visible, if there is still an issue maybe the texture file has been overwritten by another program. In my case I am using ASCA to add textures.

glenmans

Hello Robert

I added the above METAR and fog was depicted. However, from the Review Weather and Notes page I still get the same message - see below:

METAR: --- 061438Z 03026KT 1/4SM FG OVC002 M05/M05 A2986 RMK EDITED WEATHER

Decoded weather information:

Wind: 030 at 26 knots
Visibility: 0.3 SM (402 m)
Clouds: Overcast at 200 feet
Temperature: -5.0C
Dewpoint: -5.0C
Precipitation: None reported
Altimeter: 1011 mb (29.86 inches)

NOTES:
- Low visibility was specified, but no suitable cloud for fog depiction was added

Kind regards

maxam

Testing Team

glenmans

Hello Maxam/Robert

I do have ASCA installed - Build 7668. Its been there from the start.
The latest installed version of AS16 is 7013. I did not upgrade because I saw it was labelled as a "Beta" update. I was waiting for it to become a formal version before updating. However, you post seems to suggest that I should install this update. That I am doing now and will revert later.

Kind regards

glenmans

Hello Maxam/Robert

The AS16 7542 update has solved the problem.

May I suggest that as others may be a bit reluctant to update from a "Beta" version that, if the update is considered successful by the engineers, you consider removing the "Beta" descriptor.

Thank you for your great product that adds an absolutely crucial element to FSX realism, especially if you use it as I do, to mostly practice IFR day/night approaches.

Kind regards

maxam

Testing Team
Hello,

Glad to see that the update has resolved the issue. I am sure that the build is stable and bringing it to official status is on the dev's list of things to do which I imagine is quite long.