Grey-ish haze layer build 8045

unairspace

Hi. I installed the latest build 8045 today and found this grey-ish haze layer in almost every flight which presents around 4000ft-4500ft in CAOVK condition. In some other cloudy or foggy area I can see this layer becomes thicker and darker, visible all the way up to FL340. Is this normal or is there some setting I missed? P3D 5.3 HF1, EA on.

2022-1-14_15-25-13-873.jpg

2022-1-14_20-15-18-361.jpg

2022-1-14_20-18-4-586.jpg

Daveo

Community Manager
Staff member

mpo910

I am seeing this too. Hoping HiFi can solve this and make it more "smooth" and better coloring too. Especially at Day/Night transition times this layer is becoming more appearant and more brown, which could be optimized as well.

But I like the work of HiFi so far! Great Addon and one of the most inmportant addons in P3D ever!

I really would like to see more and better cloud models and hoping LM could give them opportunities to do so! Also more cloud variation in the skies, like wholes and clouds mixed up in the field of view....not only OC or Clear or few all over the place.

As soon as LM gives HiFi the chance, I am pretty sure P3D will come back to life more and more, as this is a really lacking feature.

Thanks @damian for keeping us updated so often!

Regards
Marcus

aua668

Hi,

Same here too. One intresting finding: If you shut down ASP3D, it changes the sim weather scenario to "Clear skies". If you then select in P3D again the "ActiveSky" weather theme, you will see the same weather situation as before without this ugly brown haze. This looks like it should look like. As soon, as you start P3D again, this ugly brown layer gets injected again.

Rgds
Reinhard

hkhoanguyen

Hi,

Same here too. One intresting finding: If you shut down ASP3D, it changes the sim weather scenario to "Clear skies". If you then select in P3D again the "ActiveSky" weather theme, you will see the same weather situation as before without this ugly brown haze. This looks like it should look like. As soon, as you start P3D again, this ugly brown layer gets injected again.

Rgds
Reinhard
Also, by forcing Volumetric off in P3D.cfg if EA ON, this remove that brown haze, quick solution for the moment, but it may affect to some foggy weather

BAWV12

I tested new mod for atmospheric ozone calculations :
Link in the video.

Now, this mod works with legacy 2D clouds too. No more ugly yellow - green clouds in sunrise and sunset.

aua668

Hi,

Here are two screenshots. The first was made with ASP3D, EA on, 2D clouds. Look at the brown haze at the horizon especially on the right side of the picture:

2022-01-16 23_36_25-P3D.jpg

The second screenshot was made after shutting down ASP3D and reloading of the ActiveSky weather theme in P3D. The brown haze at the horizon is gone:

2022-01-16 23_37_01-P3D.jpg

No idea, what ASP3D is injecting here.

Rgds
Reinhard

mpo910

I HAVE HAD ENOUGH WITH THIS CRAP, 5.3 HF1 with 8045 LOOKS TERRIBLE, clouds are terrible and have this weird haze all the time, it looks TERRIBLE FIX THIS!View attachment 7154
You are quite rude on a forum for an addon who is just injecting weather based on standards LM gives them.
You should ask over at LM to improve the possibilities to inject weather AND better looking visuals.
Maybe you should also consider to describe what you like. I mean, you write "it looks terrible" (its a taste) and "fix this" (fix what? Is something broke? Or just not your taste?).

I am a bit ironic yes. But your attitude at this place, where HiFi is the owner of, is misplaced.

HiFi is one of the excellent products, with excellent people that are still updating their addon (weather INJECTION) for FREE.

You should tone down, really.

Regards
Marcus

Daveo

Community Manager
Staff member