Hotfix & DLL.XML

cfelix

I just installed the latest set of hotfix DLLs and EXE for P3D v 2.1 (2.1.10194.0). When I started P3D I got a BEX crash while the program was completing loading world-wide weather. In trying to isolate the problem I found that removing the following DLL.XML file entry fixed the problem (with the exception that ASN doesn't works):

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>as_connect</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Path>as_srv\as_btstrp.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

It seems that there is a conflict between the new hotfix and the "as_btstrp.dll". Is there an updated version of this DLL that might work?

Charlie

Last edited:

vgbaron

Testing Team
No problems here. Have you tried reinstalling ASN?

Vic

Daveo

Community Manager
Staff member
I just installed the latest set of hotfix DLLs and EXE for P3D v 2.1 (2.1.10194.0). When I started P3D I got a BEX crash while the program was completing loading world-wide weather. In trying to isolate the problem I found that removing the following DLL.XML file entry fixed the problem (with the exception that ASN doesn't works):

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>as_connect</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Path>as_srv\as_btstrp.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

It seems that there is a conflict between the new hotfix and the "as_btstrp.dll". Is there an updated version of this DLL that might work?

Charlie
Uninstall your current ASN version and install the full installer from our downloads page.

http://www.hifitechinc.com/downloads

See if this helps.

cfelix

Dave,

Thanks for your reply. Per your suggestion, I unistalled ASN and then reistalled ASN using the full installer at the link you provided. P3D still has BEX crashes when loading as long as "as_btstrp.dll" in in the DLL.XML. The following is a copy of my log.txt file in the "as_srv" folder:

10:54:54 AM:0912-check point 1... passed
10:54:56 AM:0917-check point 2... passed
10:54:56 AM:0919-check point 3... passed
10:54:57 AM:0919-check point 4... passed
10:55:07 AM:0925-check point 5... passed
10:55:07 AM:0926-check point 6... passed
10:55:07 AM:0933-radar error code 253 External component has thrown an exception. at #=qkwb4g4YQ1oYXhVjoKbfzhN9SJVnun0ZU7liUuvXZFFA=.#=q7RKEcx2nXRxx91ZdVHaKnjdt07ztpNUnHZGbxUNBUAk=(Object #=qy_mxSMTun_p$1NOb5BJDIQ==)
10:55:08 AM:0935-Not 200
10:55:08 AM:0935-Theme reload params adjustment failed
10:55:08 AM:0935-Not 1
10:55:08 AM:0935-Cloud redraw on CDD change adjustment failed
10:55:08 AM:0935-check point 7... passed

Any other suggestions?

Charlie

Last edited:

kterz

Developer
Staff member
Hi,

this logs indicates that the fsx version of as_connect is installed in P3d_InstallFolder\as_srv. Please delete this whole folder and restart. Make sure you install "ASN for P3D" and not "ASN for FSX"

Thanks,

vgbaron

Testing Team
In installing the Hotfil DLL's - did you ONLY replace those dll's in the hotfix or did you remove all the dll's and then copy the new ones in?

Some have had problems because the hotfix does not replace ALL the dll's in the P3D2 folder, just specific ones and some have just deleted ALL the dll's and then copied the hotfix - which is incorrect.

Vic

cfelix

Vic & Kostas,

• I removed the P3d_InstallFolder\as_srv folder and unistalled/reinsalled the P3D version of ASN again. It crashed as before and the log text was exactly the same as above. To be sure, I copied the files directly from the ASNext_P3D folder and got exactly the same result.
  • I did not delete any existing DLLs prior to installing the hotfix.
Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Charlie

Last edited:

kterz

Developer
Staff member
Hi,

ASN for P3D is only compatible with version 2.1 of P3D (without the latest hotfix). The weather.dll it targets should be version 2.1.9936.0

We will adjust the code to make ASN for P3D compatible once again only once version 2.2 of P3D is out. We will not bother chasing every single intermediate build. Not sure if this is your issue, but it's highly possible since you mentioned version 2.1.10194.0 in the original post (which by the way I just noticed).

Thanks,

cfelix

Thanks Kostas. I tried just replacing the new weather.dll with the version 2.1.9936.0 file but then as soon as I tried to run P3D I got an error message saying "Prepar 3D was unable to load some files and will now exit. ..." Is there any way to run ASN with some or all of the hotfix files or do I have to stay with the earlier version with its problems until LM moves to version 2.2?

Charlie

vgbaron

Testing Team
Hmm - I have the latest P3D2 hotfix and have no issues with ASN.

Just a WAG - do you have either ASN or P3D2 installed into C:\Program Files (x86)\....?

Vic

vgbaron

Testing Team
ok - that eliminates one possibility.

Vic