Question How can I get Active Sky to use the departure airport time

Pierrefsx

Hi,

This morning I was flying from LFPG (Paris) to CYUL (Montreal). when I loaded P3D and loaded my flight plan the airplane was located at a gate at LFPG and the local time was 12:30 pm. I previously started Active Sky and loaded the same flight plan, when I looked at the Condition at departure (LFPG) active Sky was showing a clear moon and not a clear sun. It was using my PC time 6:30 am. So looking outside the cockpit I could see the sun, but Active Sky was showing me a full moon. Is there a way to get active sky to use the local time of the departure airport, even if it is in a different time zone.

Thanks

maxam

Beta Team Member
Hello Pierre,

Your best bet would be to select Historical Weather in the Active Sky Wx Control tab and check "Force Historical Time to Sim Time." Then in the simulator flight setup screen select UTC time and adjust it based on the UTC offset of the airport. In this case LFPG (Paris) is UTC +1 so you would set the flight time to 05:30 UTC and your time at LFPG will be 06:30 local.

The simulator does not take into account daylight saving so you will have to establish what the actual offset is from UTC or you can purchase a program like FS Real Time which takes the factor into consideration.

Hope this helps.

Robert

Pierrefsx

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the reply,

I already use SimElite Solutions Time Zone Fixer to manage the time zone and it does a great Job. So when I start the scenario it will automatically setup the real time at the departure airport. I was wondering what time does Active Sky use? my system time? It would be nice if it could read the sim time and use that one, which is the local time of the departure airport.

Pierre

Pierrefsx

Would that not be a great option to add, give the ability to choice between using the system time or the simulator time.

Pierre

Thanks

maxam

Beta Team Member
Hello Pierre,

You can use simulator time in Wx Control - Historical Weather and check the box to use simulator time.

Pierrefsx

Hi Robert,

I just took a look at that option, it seems to do the reverse. The time is push to the sim instead of being red from it. In my example when I load P3D, Time Zone Fixer set the correct time at Paris (LPDG). When I load Active sky, it loads the system time which in this case is 6:30 am Ottawa time. So I get the 6:30 am weather at Paris, where it is actually 12:30 pm. So AS is giving me what was the weather at 6:00 am in Paris and not the actual weather. Still think that a option to use Sim time instead of System time would solve this issue and give me the correct local weather at the departure airport.

Pierre

Pierre

maxam

Beta Team Member
Hello Pierre,

That's not how it works, as per the ASP4 User's Guide on page 37:

You can also choose to have the date/time set in your simulator be used as your historical
time. Just check the “Force Historical Time to Sim Time” checkbox and ensure that your
sim time is set accordingly.