I Got Evaporated (P3DV5 RC1)

Howellerman

Greetings!

I have been part of the AS P3D beta program from the start, and recently upgraded to RC1. I am still on P3DV5.0HF2, waiting for the dust to settle with everything else.

Unfortunately, RC1 would not connect to my P3D installation. I restarted P3D, but no change. I tried re-installing AS P3D, but no change.

So, I uninstalled AS P3D, and checked the box "save my credentials" (I believe). However, upon re-install I was forgotten! While my AS2016 license key was accepted attempting to re-install, I am stymied by the "enter verification code" from an email I was to have received. Wut? I do not have a record of a code from email.

Now, as much as I like ActiveSky, I would rather not have to re-purchase it, especially since I plan on remaining on P3DV5.0 for while.

Did I get evaporated? Did the T&C's change while I wasn't looking?

Thanks for clarification, guys!

John Howell

++++++

Nevermind! I received the code while I was typing up this missive. All is well - thank you!

++++++

Spoke too soon. ASP3D still does recognize my installation of P3DV5.0. One step forward, one step back! :)

Last edited:

Daveo

Community Manager
Staff member
Uninstalling is what caused your login credentials to disappear requiring a new verification email. If you did an update install on top of your current installation this would remain intact requiring just a normal login with your info still there.

If ASP3D cannot find your install this is usually due to an update install of P3D instead of a clean install.
Is this the case?

BerndBruechmann

Did you let the ASConnect installation seperately run, after the RC1 install? Also check if the add-on.xml for ASP3D is correct and activated in P3D

wertynga

Thank you for the help.
Seems everything is installed correctly but it is still in Waiting for simulator. Really don't know what to do....

Howellerman

Uninstalling is what caused your login credentials to disappear requiring a new verification email. If you did an update install on top of your current installation this would remain intact requiring just a normal login with your info still there.

If ASP3D cannot find your install this is usually due to an update install of P3D instead of a clean install.
Is this the case?
Heya Dave,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

Unfortunately, I have the same situation as Wertynga - AS will not connect with PD3V5.0HF2. When I inspect the SimconnectLog file, I see the messages of "Sim Connect pre-attempt: Connected = False" and "SimConnect post-attempt: Connected = False". AS also does not show in the Add-on pulldown in P3D.

I tried re-installing the Beta version and that sort of worked. While the pull-down worked, AS shot an "incompatible Simmconnect version" when trying to run with the Beta version. Said it required Simconnect V5..., which is what I thought was installed, but apparently not. I again installed RC1 and P3D is again invisible and I get the "Connected = False" logs. I also get an entry about mis-matched Simconnect versions.

Is there something I can send you to better investigate this?

Thanks again, Dave!

Last edited:

Daveo

Community Manager
Staff member