Resolved Incorrect cloud depiction - ASXP latest build

IanB2469

Hi,

In the latest build of ASXP I am having problems with high level clouds being depicted incorrectly. ASXP reports high level CI however XP11 (latest build/beta) shows it as CU.

Ian.

Attachments

damian

Developer
Staff member
Ian,

X-Plane's default theme/cell mode does all the deciding here on cloud layers. As requested from users regarding previous ASXP builds, we've added Cirrus clouds into the METAR output that X-Plane processes, and it does what it decides to, which is often to depict non-cirrus clouds.

You can use global static mode for much more accuracy and control by ASXP in this and other areas, but at this time the default X-Plane depiction mode does not give us the ability to control cloud layers beyond coverage and base altitude.

Mr Wolf

Are there any plans to make the added cirrus clouds in default depiction mode optional?, something like an on/off switch.

damian

Developer
Staff member
We're rolling out some improved cirrus depiction for next build based on this feedback.

I'm still not seeing any cirrus clouds when in standard mode or with global static mode turned off. Is there any additional or new information regarding cirrus clouds?

maxam

Beta Team Member
I'm still not seeing any cirrus clouds when in standard mode or with global static mode turned off. Is there any additional or new information regarding cirrus clouds?
Hello,

It was added, please see ASXP\Options\Cloud options\Cirrus generation

Please see here: https://hifisimtech.com/lots-of-updates-today/

Added new option: Cirrus Cloud Generation Percentage (default 10%) to allow user to fine-tune the amount of high-level clouds injected when no high-level clouds are indicated in METAR – Note: X-Plane typically does not render high-level clouds as Cirrus type in default non-global depiction mode, and this cannot be controlled by ASXP, so you may wish to limit the generation of such types of clouds for better realism