Issue Incorrect ISA temp at altitude

Gilandred

ISA temps not reading correctly at altitude. Since the airbus uses these temps to calculate managed speed and max altitude, the aircraft is not flyable in managed mode because the calculated speeds and altitudes at high temps are too low. The attached image was just taken at FL320 over the Great Lakes between CYYZ and CYQT. Note the ISA is +34C and TAT is +16C. Note also that because of these high temps, managed speed on the FMC only shows Mach 0.66, and max altitude (not shown) was FL218. I experienced this same issue yesterday on another flight but didn't look into it until today's flight.

X-Plane Screenshot 2018.12.15 - 11.30.36.80.jpg

damian

Developer
Staff member
Something appears really off here since ISA is NOT that high at FL320 and TAT cannot be lower than SAT. I'm having a hard time reading the lower res screenshot however. Can you please open a ticket at https://support.hifitechinc.com with details so we can investigate?

Please also forward answer with ticket: Have you compared actual XP environment/weather data compared to the ND/aircraft readout? If not can you please do this using XP data output cockpit overlay options? This is to see if it may be a problem with the data the aircraft is reading vs actual conditions. Thanks.

Franz007

Hi there

I am using the latest beta 2 build of ASXP (6976) and noticed that this problem still exists. Right now i'm flying at FL380. According to ASXP (under "current conditions at aircraft position") the temperature should be close to -69 C (at 39'000ft). But inside XP it shows -57 C. Would it be possible to take a look at that?

Thanks and best regards
Franz

Modularis

I have a similar issue as well, the temperature in the simulator (OAT) often differs from that reported in the ASXP client.

damian

Developer
Staff member
Please make sure you are looking at OAT or TAT with the appropriate understanding. TAT is nearly always reported in all temp gauges/displays in aircraft and this is always higher than OAT due to Ram Rise.

With that said, we are aware of some diversions from exactly temps at certain higher altitudes by about 5deg, and are working to make this more exact in all situations, but there are some X-Plane challenges here in depiction.