Suggestion Lower "cut-off time" for outdated MET reports

Chrix

Hi,

I'd like to suggest to lower the "cut-off time" for outdated MET reports, i. e. the time that needs to pass until a no longer updated MET report is discarded and replaced by advanced interpolation.

I had such occasion during an online flight last evening where I arrived at Skyros (LGSY) at around 22.30 Zulu, but ASXP still used its last MET report for that day issued at 17.50 Zulu (LGSY 011750Z 00000KT 9999 FEW030 28/21 Q1007 RMK FEW060 FEW160 BLU), causing some depiction "anomalies" (like air temperature and air pressure "jumps").

IMO a "cut-off time" of 2 hours should be sufficient in most cases, but not least than 1.5 hours in order to give hourly reporting weather stations some time to update. :)

XP11.50 Beta 17, ASXP Build 7494

Christoph

Meese

Seconded, I was just about to make a post about this, there's multiple airports around Norway with very short opening times to allow for one or two scheduled movements these days, only throwing out one or two METARs in a 24h period, this enhances the issue a lot, and a shorter cutoff time is sorely needed.

P3D v4 v7410