Metar shows fog/haze, but sim shows clear skies

maxam

Super Moderator
Hello,

The METAR does not indicate fog or cloud at that location. The temperature/dewpoint isn't close enough to create fog. Which airport was this at?

sho69607

Hello,

The METAR does not indicate fog or cloud at that location. The temperature/dewpoint isn't close enough to create fog. Which airport was this at?
This was at KFNL. Here is what I captured from the wx_snapshot file: KFNL 042056Z VRB04KT 2SM HZ CLR 33/02 A3027 RMK AO2 TWR VIS 10 VIS 3/4V5 SLP183. I am not sure why it says fog instead of haze. Either way I wasn't expecting this to translate to completely clear skies in the sim.

Attachments

Chrix

Reading "2SM HZ CLR" I won't expect anything else than clear skies with a visibility of 2 SM... definitely no foggy conditions.

lkn

On my side, since a while I have a big lack of clouds, only if I add some clouds pluging then the sky is cloudy as it's supposed to be when it's the case but there is a cost of fps... (depending of the plug)
So ? EDITED: getting better with the last version 11.50 final... turbulence are back on my side in a better deal I feel..

Last edited: