No FSX.CFG file - I need help :)

luett

Hi,

i just purchased AS16 for FSX and Active Sky Cloud Art.
AS16 wanted me to show the path to the FSX.CFG file. I went through C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\(Your Windows User Name)\Microsoft\FSX.
In the folder Microsoft is no FSX folder. I tried every possible way to find the needed file, there`s nothing on the whole PC.
How can i build or get a new FSX.CFG file? I really tried to help myself to find a solution, but now i am out of any ideas :)
Is it possible to download a fresh cfg ?

Best regards, Eric

View attachment 3995

Attachments

Daveo

Community Manager
Staff member
Hello,

Have you tried expanding the folder by clicking on the little right arrow next to the Microsoft folder?

Daveo

Community Manager
Staff member
I did. Theres`s no FSX folder :(
To be able to view User Data Folders, logs and Executable files,

Please Open the Control Panel. Open Folder Options. Select the View tab. Select Show Hidden files, folders and Drives.
Uncheck the box that says Hide extensions for known file types if checked.
Click on the Apply Button and then the OK Button and close.

This will allow you to see the proper appdata folders, logs and executable file extensions as indicated.

Does this help?

Daveo

Community Manager
Staff member
I followed your orders...sorry, no FSX folder... mysterious...
Which version of FSX? Steam or standard boxed?

Daveo

Community Manager
Staff member
Best thing to do is uninstall and reinstall FSX.
Until that is installed correctly you won't get Active Sky to work properly.
We cannot provide support for FSX or your system.

Daveo

Community Manager
Staff member
I am going to move this to the FSX area.
If you still have trouble after getting FSX installed properly and running it will be best to open a support ticket.

You can login to the support desk here:

https://support.hifitechinc.com/

Please note you will need to have a registered account on the support desk
or create an account if you do not have one.

luett

Okay, i will try this way. ... I have an backup on a second device. I just read, that it's possible to move the whole FSX into a new file without to install from the 11 cd install. I have so much custom add ons and scenes...i would take so much time to install everything brand new...uff...we'll see.

maxam

Beta Team Member
Hello,

Try searching for the FSX.cfg, dll.cfg, scenery.cfg on the drive where FSX is installed. Finding one of those files may lead you to the location. Strange that you cannot find it.

luett

After ours ans ours of seaching and installing...there`s no success :(

Here`s a little history:
Uninstalled the FSX, and installed from DVD with update again. No FSG.CFG builded from FSX.
Uninstalled the DVD version and copied the backup in the Programms 86 folder...Same problem. As an another test i moved the main file to the programms folder. No CFG file.
Installed the FSX DVD as secondary at my extern Backup drive and let it in version 11.30.
Of course no success. Now it becomes much stranger...
I installed ASCA. At the first start the program wanted me to show the right main FSX folder.
So i did...nothing happened. After some seconds came this message:
This theme activation resulted in an error. "C:/Texture/cumulus01.bmp" was not found. Please check your path settings.

I have to say, that every other addon or custom scenery works perfect.
I`m really out of ideas.
Would it help to get a "fresh" CFG file and build it manually in the needed folder(s) ?