Npt much turbulence

seippg

I turned on the Override Xplane turbulence. Everything else is default with turbulence effect scale at 7, maximum wind turbulence at 100, etc. Settings are all set. I'm flying in south Florida right now with CBs, storms and clouds all around. There's no turbulence at all. It wasn't until I flew into the red part of a thunderstorm that I got some moderate turbulence. I'm running version 7045...the latest in XPlane 11.30.

Thanks!

maxam

Beta Team Member
Thank you for your comment. We have had to do a lot of work on turbulence due to customers comments, we were told that the effect was too strong or weak from one build to another. We are still working on refining that and other items in ASXP.

seippg

Thank you for your comment. We have had to do a lot of work on turbulence due to customers comments, we were told that the effect was too strong or weak from one build to another. We are still working on refining that and other items in ASXP.
I can understand. It's a fight to get these sims to interpret weather like you mean it. On a hot day with CBs around at low altitude I'd think there's be some air movement. BTW, I'm flying over Florida right now from St. Pete to Jacksonville and the clouds are as nice as I've seen them. Some pretty ominous looking stuff ahead. Beautiful layers below.

Gregg

maxam

Beta Team Member
Hello Gregg,

That's great to hear, ASXP will only get better.

seelenkrieger

also sadly observed today the same.
was flying the standart C172 had no problems to fly (ASXP B7045).
friend of me was departing as B777 and aboarted the TO due windshear and heavy turbulance (AS P3d v4 v7070)

Last edited:

batito

Also one problem here, is that ASXP doesn´t activate the plugin named XP Realistic, this software make the cockpit shake with the turbulence of default x Plane 11. I Think you have to find out how to activate the default turbulence, you can see this in the same place when you display the FPS (frames per second) menus.

maxam

Beta Team Member
Hello,

Please see the KB article related to add on compatibility with ASXP:
https://support.hifitechinc.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/57

There are also some products which are not primarily weather add-ons, but have weather add-on features and similarly attempt to control the weather. With these add-ons, it is important to TURN OFF any weather controlling/enhancing features. Products/add-ons we are aware of that match this description include XP Realistic Pro (when turbulence options are enabled), and VATSIM or other ATC network client software (when weather control is enabled).