Bug Potential bug - Runways in use: Calculating

Pantonov22

I think I may have found a bug with ASP4 version 7361:

Checking METARs for most airports works fine, runway information is listed below the METAR report. However when I check the METAR for USSS the runways in use switches to 'Calculating'. This message then appears at all new airports checked. Another side effect of this is that the CPU usage of ASP4 remains increased to 15% (doing calculations?), when standard it is hardly above 1-2%. The only way to bring the CPU usage down is to close ASP4 and restart.

Maybe someone else can confirm this bug:
Start ASP4
Check METAR of airport (EGLL for example) - Runway in listed
Check METAR of problem airport USSS - Runway in use: Calculating
Check METAR of third airport, not previously checked (EGKK for example) - Runway in use: Calculating now appears at all airports.
Check Task Manager -> ASP4 CPU usage has increased.

Daveo

Community Manager
Staff member

Pantonov22

Please see the following thread regarding bug reports.
Thanks.

https://forums.hifisimtech.com/threads/how-to-make-a-bug-report.11/
Understood. Here is the summary, the issue still happens:

Product: ASP4 version 7361
Area of Problem: User Interface
Error: Runways in use: calculating… / Increased CPU usage as result
Reproduction steps:
Start ASP4
Check METAR of airport (EGLL for example) - Runway in listed
Check METAR of problem airport USSS - Runway in use: Calculating
Check METAR of third airport, not previously checked (EGKK for example) - Runway in use: Calculating now appears at all airports.
Check Task Manager -> ASP4 CPU usage has increased.

So far the bug only occurs when checking USSS. Aerosoft Koltsovo X is installed, although not fully compatible with P3Dv4. At first I thought it might be related to a 90 degree angled surface wind, causing it to potentially list both runway directions as was the case yesterday afternoon (12-3-2020) however today (13-3-2020) the wind is clearly ideal for only one runway direction.

Any user should be able to check if this bug happens to them aswell