Question Rain visibility

wanthuyr

Is it possible to reduce visibility dynamically when it starts raining during take-off or approach and landing? It's way too unrealistic to get a rain and have dozens of miles visible ahead.

maxam

Testing Team
Hello,

You can set weather manually and edit the METAR by right clicking on the map page.

Using the Active Sky search tab you can find any type of precip and visibility conditions and apply it to the METAR.

Example: Add vertical visibility VV001

CYQI 121743Z 23025G34KT 1/2SM -SHRA FG VV001 11/11 A2972 RMK FG8 CVCTV CLD EMBD SLP066

wanthuyr

Thanks for your response, but that was not what I had in mind when I asked it. I usually fly with automatic weather loading from the Internet, and occasionally when it rains (because I suppose the METAR says it's raining in that location) the visibility does not always change (reduce) accordingly. In the real world whenever we get some rain the visibility will reduce (if it's not already bad enough), but it does not happen using AS4 (latest version confirmed installed).

maxam

Testing Team
Hello,

Is "Fog layer generation" enabled in ASP4 Options\Visibility options? You can also adjust maximum surface visibility and maximum upper visibility to create IFR like conditions without having to restart ASP4.