Settings with pmdg and airbus 319

maxhades

Hi

I have some problems with the turbulence! Default is 70 for the turbulence scale which is a bit strong for the pmdg and sometimes unflyable with the aerosoft airbus! i reduced it to 50,40...but still no change. sometimes with the airbus it is a madness. all other sliders set to default. what about the up and downdrafts?

any tips?

thx
max

gixxer

hey,

same to me. turbulences generated by asn on approaches causes a nearby 100% chance of getting toga lock when flying with the aerosoft airbus. if i use the default fsx turbulences this problem will not happen. max, on the pfd i have seen, that the speed protection band of my airbus begins abnormal to flicker during the approach phase and this causes my problem with the toga lock. i reduced the setting auf the asn turbulences to a lower level too but no change. :(

sorry for my english, it's no the best, i now. :D

greetings
patrick

gixxer

i have asked the aerosoft support at first. i have send a short video sequence to them but they don't or they don't want to understand where my problem is. :witless: on this video you can clearly see, that this strange flickering of the red and orange speed protection band is the reason of the problem with toga lock on final. my posting in this forum is my second try to get support on this issue. otherwise i have to decide between flying with aerosoft airbus and fsx own weather or another weather engine or flying with asn weather and without aerosoft airbus. but as an airbus fan i think, i'll give up asn weather at first. :(

Last edited:

maxhades

the speed up and downs in turbulence are normal but not so strange like in the airbus! with pmdg it feels more realistic! sometimes the aerosoft support is a bit arogant because their products are always perfect! your computer is the problem the say always haha

by the way i have never problems on final ils with the throttle! is your joystick calibrated?

Last edited:

gixxer

yes, they are. i've also noticed that... you can post what you want about problems, in the english oder in the german forum, the answer ist almost always the same: your computer or the user is the problem...
but their airbus has enough bugs. nevertheless he is not bad! but this thing makes him unflyable with asn for me.

the aerosoft support had a look at my video and their answer was, moving up and down of the speedband is normal. i know that, i'm not stupid... ;) but that f*** flickering ist not normal! for example: the red and orange speed band moves between 120 and 130 knots up and down but occasionally for less than a second it goes through 150 knots and so on... and then, when your managed speed is on 142 kt you get toga lock. you can see what i mean there:

Last edited:

gixxer

Ok, so have a look again please... the sections, where the orange and red alpha protection area begins to flicker were marked.
With turbulences generated by fsx this does not happen, it will normally move up and down.

Last edited:

maxhades

i know what you mean and i have the same! this is because of the sensitiv airbus, too high asn settings with this aircraft and pmdg as well, and we all knew, fsx modeling turbulences and icing very bad so Asn does a great job!

In real live pitch, altimeters and speeds change very slightly in heavy turbulences! it is near inpossible to simulate this in fsx! the pmdg 777 does a better job so far!

try something
load default mode
set turbulence level to 50 or less! better 30, 40
up and downdrafts to 400 or less
disable enhanced turbulence for sure
maybe reduce the windturbulence slider to 80 or less

and then we have lived with this as long as asn will be updated maybe

Last edited:

gixxer

ok i'll try this on my next flight and have a look... i hope that asn or aerosoft will do something to improve this. both does a great job with their products but now i'm not happy with this situation. :(

maxhades

let me explain someting! as you can see the speed and altitute is changing wild and fast. This happends not in real live BUT look. It is only about some feets and knots, no more as in real live! So set down your turbulences with such sensetive airplanes and be happy for now! in my opinion and thats exactly what i was meaning is the problem with wind shifts in some situations which push my aircraft down for 1 second and i hate this!

Maybe check this good article out

http://www.askthepilot.com/questionanswers/turbulence/

From the article
Altitude, bank, and pitch will change only slightly during turbulence—in the cockpit we see just a twitch on the altimeter—and inherent in the design of airliners is a trait known to pilots as “positive stability.”

this would be great if ASN can simulate all turbulences but slight changes in speed and pitch!

Last edited:

gixxer

yes i know. but the my problem is not merely that flickering per se but rather it's the reason to get alpha protection during turbulent approaches. the bus noticed that if the orange aera go over the managed vapp for fraction of a second and reacts witch TOGA LK.

well, i'll try the settings you have posted and hope it will work for me. :)

FlyingAxx

It seems to me that PMDG's 737NGX has some severe problems here, too. I made some flights in Japan where a couple of airports are sitting on top of a hill (it's a bit like carrier landing). There is quite a nice chance that turbulences are nearly turning the aircraft upside down. You hardly can react as it happens (very) shortly before touching down and when trying an autoland the AP is also unable to cope with it. It's always a clockwise turning moment. By the way, my turbulence settings are 10% for max wind shear and wake turbulence strenght. Those settings had been fine for AS2012 but obviously not here.

Last edited:

FlyingAxx

nope, try to set your turbulence scale down and the up and downdrafts. helps a bit, but only a bit!
Thanks, its kinda disappointing, right? I'm definitely not sure whom to blame for this mess, as not all planes are affected (if I got some comments here right) - even some complex ones. What I didn't find at all is any recognisable comment of any supporter, neither from HiFi, nor from PMDG or Aerosoft.

maxhades

Yes you are right! But at the moment the Aerosoft Airbus got many bugs in my opinion! Last one is with the autothrottle as you can read in the Aerosoft forum. The Bus is highly sensetive against the turbulences with ASN. PMDG does a smoother job on this! FSX does always a bad job when it comes to turbulences. Read the PMDG 777 manual if you have and you know how FSX creates turbulences! ASN does a great job on this, and i am sure the do their best for a more realistic feeling in the air. But for now the turbulence settings are too high and feels unralistic!

I think there is no comments coming from Hifi and PMDG because we are all diffrent when it comes to a realistic settings in ASN! Some people wants turbulences you never well have in real live, some of us found the settings too high! FOr me 50% turbulence settings with PMDG is realy nice, with the bus every setting is unrealitic.

Last edited:

FlyingAxx

Yes you are right! But at the moment the Aerosoft Airbus got many bugs in my opinion! Last one is with the autothrottle as you can read in the Aerosoft forum. The Bus is highly sensetive against the turbulences with ASN. PMDG does a smoother job on this! FSX does always a bad job when it comes to turbulences. Read the PMDG 777 manual if you have and you know how FSX creates turbulences! ASN does a great job on this, and i am sure the do their best for a more realistic feeling in the air. But for now the turbulence settings are too high and feels unralistic!

I think there is no comments coming from Hifi and PMDG because we are all diffrent when it comes to a realistic settings in ASN! Some people wants turbulences you never well have in real live, some of us found the settings too high! FOr me 50% turbulence settings with PMDG is realy nice, with the bus every setting is unrealitic.
If you're referring to PMDG'S T7 you're right, the 737NGX is crashing before you even can flutter your eye lashes. I agree regarding personal preferences but there should be a chance to find a setting that fits for each airplane in a realistic way (Zero can't be a solution). For me it could be in a way that the chosen plane influences the setting individually (at least for the big commercial irons). You shouldn't fly in reality a small GA plane in doubtful conditions anyway. As far as I read more and more reports in different fora it seems to be clearly a bug on both sides. Aerosoft and PMDG obviously would be able to filter out some problems. At least PMDG's B777 doesn't roll like a paper aeroplane and probably the designers have to take care for realistic moments of inertia of their virtual flyers in order to deal with the implied torque. Even a tornado wouldn't flip a bigger plane within half a second - it would likely rip it apart...

maxhades

whenever this is the pmdg 737 sp 2 will solve the problems! with the airbus, i have no idea! to many problems so far!

with the 737ngx...no crashes so far but not smooth as the t7 but ok.

Last edited:

FlyingAxx

whenever this is the pmdg 737 sp 2 will solve the problems! with the airbus, i have no idea! to many problems so far!

with the 737ngx...no crashes so far but not smooth as the t7 but ok.
The latest NGX update did not resolve this problem, neither changed the ASN Beta anything. I didn't recognise that ASN's Beta installation obviously came up with default settings again and the result today was obvious. I've landed well after an Airbus with a B739 and there would have been no survivors as the aircraft flipped suddenly nearly belly up shortly before touching down. It seems to be a typical interface problem where nobody feels responsible.

kterz

Developer
Staff member
Hi Axel,

you're talking about a different thing that shouldn't be confused with the topic the original poster discussed: wake turbulence. This is completely different and you can disable it to get rid of this effect. The critical wording here is "well after an Airbus". Well, how much was "well after"?

As for the other comments: ASN SP2 has actually changed significnatly the way turbulence works to make things more manageable. I can't tell about the Aerosoft Airbus (since I don't have it and I will never get it), but with both the 777, the 737 and the upcoming FlightSimLabs A320, ASN turbulence is now within acceptable (by real pilots) limits. It's stronger when on cruise (so that the aircraft e.g. is affected more when intentionally flying through a thunderstorm), but close to the ground things are much more manageable. We made the turbulence scale depend on flying altitude to make things easier.

If that's not enough, then set it (the turbulence scale) to zero, set, updrafts/downdrafts to zero and you'll get what you want: Flying an autoland on rails

And if this still is not enough and the autoland system is confused by variable winds (I've seen a support ticket for this too), just set max surface winds to zero and you're done.