Smoother changes please

mllgrennman

Hi...is there a setting that will smooth the abrupt changes...like going from totally clear to thick and cloudy gradually instead of in an instant...thanks.

maxam

Testing Team
That's strange, the default settings after installation provide the best balance between weather presentation and performance. ASN has been designed to provide smooth weather transition from one station to another, actually it was like that with AS2012 only now it has been improved even more.

In ASN tools tab ensure the "Cloud pop fix" is enabled in "Visual fix options." You can change the settings for download interval and increase it to the maximum of 30 min. (Default is 15 min).

Another thing to do is clear the shader cache in FSX, you can safely delete (make a backup) the Shaders or Shaders10 folder(s) located in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX. You need to enable "show hidden files and folder" in your system.

Last edited:

mllgrennman

I can't figure out what setting controls the rate of change from thick to clear....the clouds pop in and out instantly. This is ASv6. with FS9.

maxam

Testing Team
I don't think those options are available for that version of ActiveSky. ASv6 is no longer officially supported by HiFi.

mllgrennman

well unofficial support would be much appreciated!...there used to be a settings recommendation for as6 that had it perfect...of course that was a long time ago in a galaxy far far away! i cant disable the real time updating...it keeps showing the "closest metar" tape all the time...and it goes from completely clear to totally foggy in an instant...there was a way to smooth this out...and i cant post a readable image of my settings...file too big...and url option says invalid file...if there is another way for me to present the image it shouldn't be too hard to set me up...thanks for listening...