Resolved Suggestion ASXP: Copy/Paste Flight Plan to Create Route

bootsie

My only real (very minor!) annoyance with Active Sky XP (not sure if this applies to other versions) is to do with pasting the Flight Plan route.
I'm using SimBrief to prepare the flight plans. I then paste the generated route string into ASXP Flight Plan. However, if the route is split across multiple lines (which it often is) then it only pastes as far as the first line feed, then I have to type the rest of the route in manually.
It's not a major thing (obviously!) but it would be nice to be able to past straight from SimBrief into the ASXP Flight Planner without retyping long lists of waypoints on longer flights.

maxam

Beta Team Member
Hello,

With SimBrief you can export a .pln (FSX/Prepar3D) file to the destination of your choice and load it in the ASXP flight plan tab.

Regards.

JohnMcP

..+1 for what Robert has said. In XP11 you can export your SimBrief plan as a .fms direct to the FMS Flightplans folder in your XP11 installation then import this into the flightplan tab on ASXP

bootsie

True, it's just a bit of a faff compared to simply pasting some text. It's already on my clipboard for pasting into Little Navmap and Navigraph Charts, they handle the LF/CR breaks ok. I realise there are other ways to do it, I just find this the easiest. Plus there are sometimes sites (e.g. https://www.autorouter.aero/) that don't have export functions.
Anyway, as per the forum title, just a suggestion.

Last edited:

damian

Developer
Staff member
Can you paste a Simbrief route string with line feed here on this thread, so I can test against?

bootsie

Apologies for the delay, apparently I haven't got notifications set on this thread.
Here's a route string:

LFPG/09R ATREX2K ATREX UT225 VESAN UL613 SANDY UN601 LESTA UP6 RODOL
UL28 LELDO M145 BAGSO BAGSO1X EIDW/28

BUT I see that the latest ASPX SP1 RC2 beta has a multi-line text input box for the route string and so far appears to be working perfectly, thanks!