this follows me everywhere

cjflo

So I am finally able to use active sky 2012 thanks to the help from the developers but I have a problem that bothered me in REX and now here it is in Active Sky. There is a haze layer when I fly and it blocks out seeing the towns below me. I know that it may not be realistic but I like to see ground through the clouds otherwise it's a little boring. Now if I fly through a thunderstorm then I would not expect to see the ground but on a nice partly sunny day it's preferred.

I have set the visibility to unlimited and unchecked volumetric fog in prepar3d. In active sky i have set the maximum surface visibility and maximum upper visibility to the highest levels and unchecked all the other visibility settings but it doesn't seem to work.

So I am asking anyone if there is a setting that I need to use to achieve what i am looking for. I am sending a screenshot to show the visibility that I am talking about but I don't have good luck with posting screenshots so we will see what happens. Thank youScreenshot (31).jpgUntitled.jpg

Andydigital

Testing Team 2018
I can't see any haze LAYER in either of those shots, I can see reduced visibility due to it being a hazy day but no haze layer. Your shots look normal. Post the METARS for those two shots to confirm. In reality you very rarely see a perfectly clear day, especially not in the summer months because there is usually too much humidity in the air. Cold winter days are usually the clearest visibility wise.

cjflo

yep, it just must have been two hazy days. I can't believe how realistic that active sky 2012 is. I flew again and it just cleared itself up so I am thrilled and will now uninstall REX. I am wondering now if I should jump to ASN since it is the newest version now. Will I see a big difference because what I have now with active sky 2012 is pretty amazing. I am always afraid of installing something new into prepar3d v 2.2. it sure doesn't behave too well most of the times. Anyone care to share their impressions of ASN?

Niyoko

Also, I think the visibility setting in Active Sky is a min and maximum range that limits the visibiilty of the real weather visibility. So if you have a min. surface visibility of 5nm and the real weather is 2nm, Active Sky will draw the visibility to your min setting. The same goes for the maximum settings.

nangua

Anyone care to share their impressions of ASN?
I love it! What really stands out, for me, is the way isolated patches of cloud are rendered in areas with CAVOK metars. That's simply unsurpassed by any other weather engine out there, and lends a naturalism to the sim sky which is aesthetically unbeatable. I've tried various other weather engines (not seriously, just during the trial period), and none of them have quite the range of capability that ASN does. Of course, ASN SP1 will be the icing on the cake, with a few things that I'm really looking forward to (turbulence in fair-weather cumulus and at low altitude on hot days, isolated thunderstorms, oceanic cloud, etc.).

Cheers,

David