NOTAM No weather shown in simulator?

damian

Developer
Staff member
Disabling the ASFS toolbar item
We have found that when you disable the ASFS toolbar item, and restart MSFS, and or enable/disable and press the blank ASFS unintented ASFS toolbar button, this can result in our toolbar javascript code being disabled. We were not aware of this situation until recently. Thank you for the report. We are working on a resolution to prevent disabling of our toolbar code regardless of the user setting, to prevent confusion. We advise to NOT disable the ASFS toolbar item, and if you do, a subsequent session of MSFS/ASFS could result in no weather depiction. Please re-enable to toolbar button if disabled, and restart MSFS, then avoid disabling the button in the future, to establish proper ASFS weather depiction. Thank you.

Other weather add-ons
We have been notified of incompatibility between other weather add-ons causing issues here. Please deactivate any other wx-addon (remove from community folder) to enable ASFS to operate correctly. You must manually remove the other weather add-on community folder items, as we have confirmed that at least one weather add-on does not remove this on uninstall, and without removing this, it will block other toolbar add-ons including ASFS.

Toolbar mods/addons

If you are using certain toolbar mod/add-ons, this may not be compatible with ASFS at this time. It can block all ASFS weather control in the sim. If you are having weather depiction issues and use such addons, please disable it until we can establish compatibility. Thank you.

Note: Parallel 42's Flow is compatible with ASFS. Please make sure you have the latest FLOW update as the older versions are not compatible. Many other toolbar mods are compatible.

We are aware of Notoolbarhandle mod causing the issues at this time. It may be isolated only to this one.
(This is resolved in the newer beta builds)

Dual sim install issue
Additionally, we have found that when a user has (or had) both Store and Steam versions of MSFS installed, ASFS can identify and choose the wrong community folder to install into (the unintended version of MSFS). This also results in no weather depiction by ASFS. The workaround here is to manually move/copy the ASFS folder in your community folder (in the wrong sim location) to the correct community folder for the intended sim installation. We are working on a rapid resolution for this. (This is resolved in the newer beta builds)

Last edited:

ninerlized

Workaround for ither's NoHandleBar Mod until compatibility is reached:

(see Screenshot: STORM PRESET selected, but no storm depicted -> ASFS working, while Toolbar is visible without handle bar)

0. Go to your community folder containing the no handlebar mod and ASFS
1. Copy ToolBar.css from itherNoHandleBar's mod (html_ui\Pages) to ASFS\html_ui\Pages
2. Open ither-NoHandleBar's layout.json and copy the entry containing "ToolBar.css" with "size" and "date" (between the { } brackets)
3. Open ASFS layout.json and paste the entry after the "ToolBar.html" entry's closing } bracket and the "," (comma).
4. Don't forget to add another "," after the ToolBar.css closing } bracket if there is none.
5. DELETE ither‘s handlebar mod folder from community

Attachments

Last edited:
Hmm then I gotta enable that mod again when I'm home. I disabled it per support from Damian, but looks like it works so might try it.

Bill M

I'm not using any pushback mod. I have live weather active and ASD preset control checked. it also says MSFE connected. But still all I get is clear sky's until I turn MSFS live weather back on. What am I doing wrong?

sergeluke

"Toolbar Pushback" (https://flightsim.to/file/15033/toolbar-pushback) prevent ASFS to work properly too !
I hope a solution will be find because it's a very useful mod...
If you have it, just remove it from your community manager and problem solved !
I have been testing Toolbar Pushback Pro, and I don't think it is interfering.

However, I'm constantly finiding that arallel 42's Flow Weather widget constantly shows winds 70 @ 6kts, at the airport where it should be 70 @ 12kts. Is it interpolation, or something else?

KHIO 192053Z 07012G22KT 10SM CLR 19/00 A3003 RMK AO2 SLP168 T01940000 56018, SHARED BY DUPLICATE STATION: KRRK

damian

Developer
Staff member
There is surface wind attenuation active. The METAR/ATIS winds are usually for 30' above the airport elevation, which are basically always higher than at the surface. So this may be normal. You may want to check FORCE ATC WIND LOCK feature which also locks wind at 6 knots intentionally (this is an older feature not really useful these days with ASFS except with some legacy type add-ons). The default handling with flight plan auto forces destination weather and ATC is aware of the surface winds which we are setting appropriately.

damian

Developer
Staff member
Hi All
I think i might have the same issue. Any pointers on what mod it might be?
Flow looks to be the older version, that is known to not work. Please update and things should work ok. We also have an update coming VERY soon that should resolve the incompatibility issues here. Thank you.

Dan320

Flow looks to be the older version, that is known to not work. Please update and things should work ok. We also have an update coming VERY soon that should resolve the incompatibility issues here. Thank you.
Thanks, that was it. Working now!

Cheers

Benji421

I have been testing Toolbar Pushback Pro, and I don't think it is interfering.

However, I'm constantly finiding that arallel 42's Flow Weather widget constantly shows winds 70 @ 6kts, at the airport where it should be 70 @ 12kts. Is it interpolation, or something else?

KHIO 192053Z 07012G22KT 10SM CLR 19/00 A3003 RMK AO2 SLP168 T01940000 56018, SHARED BY DUPLICATE STATION: KRRK
I was talking about the free version of Toolbar Pushback which is older and apparently not coded the same way as the Pro version. I add this comment just to avoid any misanderstanding between the two softwares. I'm glad that the payware version is not an issue with ASFS.

sergeluke

There is surface wind attenuation active. The METAR/ATIS winds are usually for 30' above the airport elevation, which are basically always higher than at the surface. So this may be normal. You may want to check FORCE ATC WIND LOCK feature which also locks wind at 6 knots intentionally (this is an older feature not really useful these days with ASFS except with some legacy type add-ons). The default handling with flight plan auto forces destination weather and ATC is aware of the surface winds which we are setting appropriately.
Thank you for the response. I made sure FORCE ATC WIND LOCK is off (never used it), so the stubborn 6kts is concerning. It doesn’t change even beyond 30’ AGL. I’m certain this bug can be worked out, just at the moment ASFS is not fully ironed out yet. We should have 12kts side winds with ASFS if native MSFS has it in METAR.

timothyj6767

I dont use any of those mods, have live weather off, clear sky is selected ASFS is on..but Im getting no weather injected into the sim,and I made a new empty community folder and took my old Community folder gave it a backup name..but no weather

alehead

It would appear that FSUIPC may have a negative effect on injection. At least one person in another thread confirmed this to me (currently only by PM, I asked him to post it in the thread, so that others may profit from the information)...

Andrew

mmcmah

It would appear that FSUIPC may have a negative effect on injection. At least one person in another thread confirmed this to me (currently only by PM, I asked him to post it in the thread, so that others may profit from the information)...

Andrew
That would be a big problem, as other add-ons require FSUIPC. P2ATC is one. I use FSUIPC and still get weather injected.

Last edited:

alehead

What addons require FSUIPC in MSFS, apart from P2ATC? Which version as well? There always used to be 2 versions, the freeware and payware variants...

mmcmah

What addons require FSUIPC in MSFS, apart from P2ATC? Which version as well? There always used to be 2 versions, the freeware and payware variants...
The two that I use are P2ATC and Flight Simulator First Officer (FSFO). I have the payware version of FSUIPC, but I don't think there are two separate versions of the program.