Issue Turbulence Issues WIth X-Plane

maxam

Testing Team
Hi,

We may have to take a closer look at the issue. Please submit a ticket using the link at the top of the page. Be sure to include your logs.

maxam

Testing Team
Hi,

That's great, thanks.

lkn

Hi there!
I do have the turbulence issue again, flying through CB Toliss A319, two flights back and worth, no turb in bad weather, any idea?

lkn

SOLVED! ACTIVE SKY IS NOT THE CAUSE OF THE ISSUE BUT A HIDDEN PLUGING! ALL GOOD NOW!

Again the same issue from "nowhere"?! I just did a flight A319 Toliss LFQQ/LFRB

Not a single turbulence in severe weather conditions, only a few in final (not in short final) at LFRB, flying through CB all the way long was like "flying on the rails" which doesn't make sense at all, there is something wrong, this inconstancy is frustrated, why sometimes is it very coherent and the next flight it won't be at all? It is definetely impossible to have a smooth flight in this kind of severe weather conditions: Overscast full of CB!!! it gives a big hurt in the immersion and the realism. On the other side winds aloft were very accurate based on charts. Anyway I wish so badly that it could be fixed, because now it's hard to predict if the flight will be realistic or not (sending a ticket)
Important point: I've noticed that this issue of the unrealistic lack of turbulence occures only with tubes! Why? I have no idea even if we all know that the effect of turb will be stronger with GA but it doesn't mean that turbulence totally disappear when we fly a Boeing or an Airbus! It is definitely difficult to pinpoint the source of this bug, from addons or from Active Sky or both?
The A319 Toliss don't allow to use the Eperimental Flight Model, the FF757 is the object of more impact/effect of turbulence than the A319, so? But flying the FF757 at high altitude doesn't give any turbulence in general even for a 5/6 hours of flight at FL360, it doesn't mean that high altitude turbulence always happen but when it usually not happen means that there is still an issue somewhere.

By the way, I don't have any plugins that could interfere by creating conflicts with Active Sky.
Using the last beta 7618.

METAR: LFQQ 141200Z AUTO 18015KT 9999 OVC013 14/11 Q1013 BECMG 17015G25KT NSC

TAF: LFQQ 141100Z 1412/1518 17015G25KT 9999 BKN013 BECMG 1412/1414 NSC TEMPO 1507/1515 17027G37KT BECMG 1511/1513 RA BKN013 OVC030 TEMPO 1513/1515 3000 BKN008 OVC013CB BECMG 1514/1516 23015G25KT NSW SCT030

METAR: LFRB 141200Z AUTO 20022KT 6000 RA OVC006 14/13 Q1006 TEMPO 3000 RADZ BECMG 19025G37KT

TAF: LFRB 141100Z 1412/1518 19025G37KT 9999 OVC011 TEMPO 1412/1504 3000 RADZ OVC005 BECMG 1418/1420 22017G27KT BECMG 1500/1502 21020G38KT BECMG 1504/1506 BKN020 TEMPO 1506/1518 3000 SHRA BKN015TCU PROB30 TEMPO 1506/1508 TSRA BKN015CB TEMPO 1514/1517 25025G45KT

Thank you

Attachments

Last edited:

louloupinou

hi everyone,
First english is not ma native language so I hope that you will be able to understand.
Just bought ASXP and I must say that i'm disappointed for now. I have no turbulences at all(which is the main aspect i've bought this plugin for).
I've set live weather at LFBZ (this is where I live).
I start a new fly in the toliss A319 and I take off until reaching cruise level, there are no turbulences at all. I've set random light chop turb to max but it changes nothing.
Here is the METAR:LFBZ 062030Z AUTO 23010KT 200V270 7000 -RA FEW015/// SCT022/// BKN034/// ///CB 06/05 Q1006 TEMPO 25015G25KT 3000 RA BKN012
This is not strong wind but even when I go through clouds, nothing... flat fly...

I'm using the last version of AS
Thank you for your help

lkn

Hello,

And what was your hidden plugin ?
Hi,
Sorry for the belated answer, I didn't see the notification! I should have put a quotation markes on "hidden plugs", I meant that I had forgotten to delete a thermal script that created conflicts from time to time depending on AC beta/updates. And i did turn down all the XP realistic options that affect the weather to avoid some incoherence or else.

lkn

I have no turbulences at all(which is the main aspect i've bought this plugin for).
I've set live weather at LFBZ (this is where I live).
I start a new fly in the toliss A319
That is exactly my last flight yesterday (Thursday) and where I am now (virtualy) with the toliss A319. I landed yesterday night at LFBZ and I had severe turb during the descent (near TS), moderate in final and nothing on short final rwy 27, except gust winds before touch down as it was planned in METAR/TAF...

Today, now on the tarmac:
METAR LFBZ 111300Z AUTO 25015KT 210V280 9999 FEW017/// SCT022/// BKN054/// ///TCU 14/12 Q1002 TEMPO 27020G45KT 3000 SHRA FEW010CB BKN012TCU

I should encounter turbulence as it was yesterday (almost the same real weather conditions). Let u know but you should have turb as well, did you check your settings in Active Sky-Options-Turbulence effect scale? On my side my cursor is at 95% it may seems high but it provides enough turb in CB to make it relatively coherent in those weather conditions without exagerated as it's supposed to be knowing that in rl severe turb in CB could be extremely shaky, and turb in TS could be lethal...

Also it is difficult to understand how AS works in terms of turb because sometimes I'm also flying through CB and it's also flat, sometimes not. Usually, in reality, when you go through CB you have a huge probability to get mederate to severe turb... it's hard to pinpoint how AS detects clouds (CB) or not from time to time because I've already encountered turb in CB on the other hand... I think we have to wait for a dynamic system weather depiction more accurate in order to detect the variables of clouds in a better way to which turb should be attributed specifically... technically I have no idea of it does work but so far the weather is relatively coherent on my side, turbulences included since I did delete scripts described in my previous post.

Attachments

Hi,
Sorry for the belated answer, I didn't see the notification! I should have put a quotation markes on "hidden plugs", I meant that I had forgotten to delete a thermal script that created conflicts from time to time depending on AC beta/updates. And i did turn down all the XP realistic options that affect the weather to avoid some incoherence or else.
Is this script part of fly with lua?

maxam

Testing Team
I am still having this issue.

https://streamable.com/aj02m5
https://streamable.com/4wk5cu

No speed movement at all in not the best weather.

How can I solve this?
Make sure that in the ASXP/Options/Wind that "Force ATC wind lock" is not checked and there aren't any other weather programs or LUA scripts that may interfere. Perform a complete uninstall/reinstall of ASXP if there are no issues with the above tips. Here is a vid that I shot the other day and winds are quite active:

Reactions: lkn
Make sure that in the ASXP/Options/Wind that "Force ATC wind lock" is not checked and there aren't any other weather programs or LUA scripts that may interfere. Perform a complete uninstall/reinstall of ASXP if there are no issues with the above tips. Here is a vid that I shot the other day and winds are quite active:

Note that speed does not change due to weather - it is simply static. This is the issue. Speed should be bouncing up and down, but it never does. Its fairly rare to get static conditions in real life.

maxam

Testing Team
Note that speed does not change due to weather - it is simply static. This is the issue. Speed should be bouncing up and down, but it never does. Its fairly rare to get static conditions in real life.
The wind direction and speed changes in my vid above. I am not sure why you are saying the wind is static. In your case it might be the aircraft you are flying, LUA Script or other weather injection that is interfering. Below are 2 more vids showing the wind changes in the sim using the Zibo 737. I leave ASXP settings as is and only change to "Realism mode" in the Options menu.

xend

dipperdolphin is just saying in other terms that there is no turb or turb extrapolation due to relief near ground or convection. It has been ages since I haven't flown in turb myself.

Severniae

I too have a very 'still' experience in xplane. Was this issue ever resolved? I find that I only see any effect when the weather is very poor ..

lkn

On my side I always have turb even severe ones based on the weather conditions via Active Sky. I remember that I've been through the same issue but it was back in the days because of a patch or something that I don't recall but since it works well (on my side) ... This is the reason why I shared a video here on this forum on 15th dec 2020 to illustrate the point concretely.

Hence it is hard to figure out what are the source of the issues you guys encounter... ? As @maxam showed in his video I don't have static wind neither on the contrary windshear etc works pretty well in approach for instance and makes some landings demanding a certain attention which is sometimes challenging and which is fully appreciated in terms of realism even if things are not perfect yet but it does the job IMO!

If it was an empirical Active Sky issue then I should have been affected as well no matter what... As an example I was flying the Felis 742 on Ivao from LFQQ to GMMZ yesterday night I had severe turb in overcast based on the METAR weather conditions of that day just after T/O until FL120 and then calm during almost 2H and got hit again from moderate to severe turbulence in clouds CB for 10/15 min while my bird was cruising at FL320...
I also have CAT in CAVOK from time to time... this is how I can share my experience with you Captains as matter of fact!

Merry Christmas! 🎅✈

Golfpapa

Hi,
Registered here to be able to answer because I've been looking for a solution to this problem for a long time.
I'm using both toliss a319 and zibo 737 with activesky. I can see my indicated airspeed moving quite fast when in turbulence, but I get absolutely no movment in the cockpit.
I'm using XPrealistic v2, and I don't even know if xplane generate movment without this plugin. Has anyone succeeded in having cockpit shakings without a plugin like XPrealistic or headshake ? (which also does not work in turbulence for me).
Thanks for you help.