Resolved Turbulence yaw issues RC3

lkn

RESOLVED

Hi guys,

It looks like the yaw turb bug is still there. It seems to occur in bad weather or/and heavy clouds or? ... I read on a forum that some users encountered this bug again with the Zibo 737 but it also appears on my side with the TBM 900 as you can see on the video...

I thought we got ride of this very issue (I didn't see this bug in the built I have partially tested) and when I updated to RC2, I didn't encounter this problem right away and switched to the RC3 in a short time... despite of good improvements imo, I later noticed that sometimes there were some small weird behaviors of the aircraft in turb and other times it looks and feels more "natural" especially with very light aircrafts as the SP-30 for instance.

... it's difficult to say which are the factors that could influence those wierd turbulence/effects and the details of weather conditions when this bug appears or not, usually in heavy clouds conditions, I gave many tries without a big faith with different options (global static depiction mode, turb scale, etc) but it doesn't change anything except that it feels like a better deal with the global static mode unchecked on my side.

I'm not sure if there's a need for submitting an other ticket or/and txt.log because it is exactly the same bug as it happened in previous versions.

So I get back to you Doctors with the hope that you will find a cure in order to make the great AS xp providing "natural", realistic turb effects in any weather conditions as soon as possible!

Thank you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXSdWxNbvhw

Last edited:

andersenbali

I made a flight yesterday and got the exact same extreme turbulence effect in the ZIBO 3.34 RC1.8 ASXP 7002. Plane was basically spinning upside down at one point.

lkn

Same... It happened again but with the similar zibo 3.34 as well after I took off, just bellow the first layer of clouds at 3500 ft, rolling on the left and the right a way over bank angle, was able to recover then it stopped acting weirdly however afterwards I had some heavy CB while I was climbing and not a single turb happened through heavy clouds in bad weather conditions, which makes no sense... I have no idea how AS detects turbulence or not and how it can be solved? We already submitted many tickets with many updates and hotfix that were provided, the team was and is very responding but unfortunately it doesn't fix this main issue that kills the immersion... strangely super light GA don't behave this way. It's even enjoyable to fly the study SP-30 for instance with ASxp because it gives the sensation of air mass (air mass movement that other engines weather don't provide as good as AS does) but concerning turb effects it still goes sometimes in a total incomprehensible process imo..
I submitted an other ticket yesterday by the way.
Hopefully the team will take that issue as a critical point to be focus on which I'm sure they will...

Cheers

Last edited:

Stuntard

Flying the Carenado T210 with REP in Calm weather, minimal winds reported. The plane is bouncing all over the place. I'm using the latest public Beta as of today, with no other weather addons installed .

damian

Developer
Staff member
Thanks for the feedback, we'll continue working on things...

lkn

RESOLVED with RC4!!! :)

Thank you very much for the update, that makes a big step forward!

Last edited: