Waiting for Response Unable to connect to AS16 Wx Web Companion.

sh115

Hi I just down loaded AS16 and am having trouble getting it to run. I've noticed the web companion can not find the page and says "Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at localhost:19285." Any ideas? Thanks.

Steve

maxam

Beta Team Member
Hello,

Please check port 19285 in Windows Firewall, it may have to be opened.

Open firewall ports in Windows 10
You can manually permit a program to access the internet by opening a firewall port. You will need to know what port it uses and the protocol to make this work.
  1. Navigate to Control Panel, System and Security and Windows Firewall.
  2. Select Advanced settings and highlight Inbound Rules in the left pane.
  3. Right click Inbound Rules and select New Rule.
  4. Add the port you need to open and click Next.
  5. Add the protocol (TCP or UDP) and the port number into the next window and click Next.
  6. Select Allow the connection in the next window and hit Next.
  7. Select the network type as you see fit and click Next.
  8. Name the rule something meaningful and click Finish.

sh115

Sorry No go. I even tried this on the outbound Rules. I use Norton 360 but the program is set as trusted. This may be part of a larger issue. AS16 keeps giving a message "ASConnect log does not appear to be enabled" That is followed by an error "AS16 can not control ambient weather parameters correctly" Make sure you have proper rights and ownershipof the program files (x86) folders and have trusted/excluded AS16 from your security software as well as the simulator's as_svr folder and include .dll modules" This I have done. Is there any file in particular I should be looking for?

maxam

Beta Team Member
Hello,

Does the ambient error occur after the start of the flight (longer than 5 minutes)? This is some kind of blocking or overload occurring. We've seeing that with aggressive antivirus. Can you provide a log export by running AS16 (FSX closed) then press the Logs button, save and attach to your reply.

Please exclude the following folders and see if AS16 connects:
  • Your Drive Letter:\Program Files (x86)\HiFi\AS16
  • Your Drive Letter:\Microsoft Fight Simulator X directory
  • Your Drive Letter:\users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Flight Simulator\FSX
  • Your Drive Letter:\users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Flight Simulator\FSX
You may have to temporarily uninstall Norton and try running AS16. Also check your Smart Firewall Advanced settings are not set to high.

You can read more about this here:

https://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-360/Exclude-Safe-Program-in-N360/td-p/433698

Last edited:

sh115

Sorry, I tried this and it didn't work. I tried disabling Nortons360 firewall and auto protect but AS16 still crashes. I get the log error while FSX is loading and then get the fatal AS16 error about 30 seconds after FSX is fully loaded and the sky graphics are running. Question. While running AS16, what should the fsx weather settings be set for? I have noticed that when I set the FSX weather to real world settings, I get an error that "an error occurred while downloading real weather data. please make sure your internet connection and configuration and try again" It's strange that I can fly on VATSIM but realweather can not download.

sh115

Ok I was able to get it to work. It turns out the Log file was pointed to an old FSX file on my C drive instead of FSX steam file. When I pointed it to the proper file all was fixed. Thank you for your assistance.

Steve