Uninstall and reinstall Active Sky Cloud Art (ASCA)

PilotTom1234

Hi there,
I am using P3Dv5.2 - Active Sky P3D - Envdir with Enshade and Envtex but i notice i don't get cloudlayers in P3D with ASCA. I want to uninstall ASCA and reinstall it.
Can anyone help me how to do this on a correct way?
Thx
Tom

maxam

Testing Team
Hi Tom,

All you need to do is restore the original textures that were backed up by ASCA. Start ASCA then click on settings and the press "Restore" for any flight sim that had ASCA textures installed. Then go to Windows Apps and uninstall ASCA making sure to remove all saved data if prompted.

maxam

Testing Team
Not unless you are uninstalling it.

PilotTom1234

Hi Maxam,
What do you mean?
First i want to try without uninstalling ASCA. So what are the correct steps?

1. Restore Settings in ASCA by button 'Restore'
2. Restore Settings in Envtex by button 'Disable and restore'
3. Push new settings in ASCA by button 'Make active'
4. Push new settings in Envtex by button 'Install to sim'
5. Launch Active Sky + ASCA
6. Launch P3D by the launchbutton in Envtex

Correct?

Tom

Last edited:

maxam

Testing Team
Hi Tom,

3. Push new settings in ASCA by button 'Make active'

ASCA should find the active sim itself but you can select it if you like, you must install one of the 9 themes in ASCA. If you are going to use one of the dynamic themes simply install the first theme that appears so textures are loaded then let ASCA do the rest. ASCA will start automatically when you start the Active Sky weather program.

I would start the sim using its own shortcut making sure to "Run as admin" and not use the launch option in ENVTEX.

maxam

Testing Team
Hi Tom,

It looks like you have a mix of ASCA and ENVTEX textures installed which is fine. Prepar3D should display the textures if you installed them into the sim using ASCA like I wrote above.

1637649240907.png

PilotTom1234

Hi Maxam,

Thanks for the answer.
Must i click 'ACTIVATE THEME' again?
I did it only the first time when i installed ASCA and choosed the 'Full Dynamics Profile'. At that moment the themes from Envtex were not yet in the theme lists.
Tom

Attachments

maxam

Testing Team
Hello,

Yes, you should install (activate) a texture theme in ASCA before activating "Full Dynamics" or "Global Automatic" otherwise there will not be any ASCA textures installed into the sim. After installing a texture set "Full Dynamics" or "Global Automatic" will automatically select the appropriate clouds and coloring for the given conditions.

maxam

Testing Team
You should see the difference, in ASP3D you can set Options/Sim text message options to notify you of ASCA installation.

May I suggest that you read the short manual that is provided: Program Files (x86)\HiFi\ASCA\Documentation

Daveo

Community Manager
Staff member