Submitted visibility worst than the reported metar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Franz007

Hi there

Quite often i can see on the ASXP-map a coloured shape around my destination airport with a visibility like "<4", "4-5", "6-7". Even if the metar says for example 7000 of visibility i often had to divert because ASXP had made the visibility very bad by adding these coloured shapes. That means even if the minimums are fulfilled by far, ASXP adds some very bad visibility and i can barely see the runway and have to go-around and/or divert. I don't understand where these informations are coming from...there is no FOG reported in the metar. So why do ASXP make the visibilty worst than reported in the METAR? Can't i deactivate that function and have the visibility according to the metar? This doesnt happen everywhere but at like 15-20% of my destinations. It's critical at some airports without a precision approach and where the visibility has to be much better than during an ILS-approach.

Thanks for your technical support.

Last edited:

Franz007

I am not sure if the support did see my question? Would be nice to have an answer ;-) Thanks very much in advance.

Daveo

Community Manager
Staff member
Hi Franz,

We will need to check your setup and settings.
Please submit a support ticket with a log export at the Support Desk regarding this issue and reference this forum post also.
You can export your log from the Logs button in Active Sky.

Please login to the support desk instead of using email in case you have logs/file attachments over 5MB's in size.

You can login to the support desk here:

https://support.hifitechinc.com/

Please note you will need to have a registered account on the support desk
or create an account if you do not have one.

maxam

Testing Team
Hello,

Thank you for submitting your ticket. We will close this thread and continue at the support site so as not to duplicate our efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.