Wake turbulence?

maxam

Super Moderator
Hello,

Active Sky should react to other aircraft. If they are visible on the ASXP map page and "Traffic" is selected then you can observe their wake trails. Your user options for Wake Turbulence percent can adjust the effect.

Last edited by a moderator:

maxam

Super Moderator
Hello,

It should work automatically if the aircraft models are configured with the correct option within the aircraft library. The wake turbulence encountered when coming close to an add on aircraft intended to be flown may differ from the aircraft being used in xPilot however.

Below is a video regarding xPilot and how the user has set his aircraft models up:

VATSIM xPilot Installation and Setup Quick-Start Guide

More information can be found at

Hello,

It should work automatically if the aircraft models are configured with the correct option within the aircraft library. The wake turbulence encountered when coming close to an add on aircraft intended to be flown may differ from the aircraft being used in xPilot however.

Below is a video regarding xPilot and how the user has set his aircraft models up:

VATSIM xPilot Installation and Setup Quick-Start Guide

More information can be found at
I am using Bluebell CSL, and have it set up like he does. however I don't get wake turbulence :(

bruced39

I've never seen vatsim traffic on the ASXP map. I have traffic selected. I just thought it's not implemented. How can I get live vatsim traffic to show on my ASXP map? Also then I may be able to experience wake turbulance.

damian

Developer
Staff member
Is VATSIM traffic injected into X-Plane visually? If so then they should be there.

Assuming you are zoomed in enough (I believe it disables outside of 50 or 100 miles IIRC) it will display on the map with Traffic overlay enabled. It's confirmed to work with all other related add-ons (and now Traffic Global which we are compatible with on B7467, just posted).